|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an experienced business,finance, or operationsmanager looking for an opportunity to have an impactinarapidlyevolving environment that includes senior stakeholdersandglobal coverage? TheData Platform+Growth(DPG)team has a broad charter to support Experiences + Devices indriving the next horizon of growth. Weare looking for a Business Managerwho canhelp usoptimize our resources to deliveron our customer-centered vision. AsDPG’sBusiness Manager, you will reporttoand collaborate closely withtheDPGChief of Staffand partner closely withteam membersacross engineering & PM, thebroaderbusiness management community,and keystakeholdersacross the company, includingother engineering teams in both E+D and C+AI,as well asfinance,recruiting,and HR.
Youshould operate well in an ambiguous environmentandhave thehorsepower to solve complex problems.You should beresults-oriented and data-drivenand uphold high standards for your work.You shouldbe inquisitive and creative in findingopportunities to make our businessbetter, and you should have the driveto dive into those opportunities.
As a Business Manager, we are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- High-energy, detail-oriented teamplayerwith excellent communication and collaboration skills to work closely with senior leadershipand across groups.
- Proactive, forward thinking and able to effectively and quickly synthesize disparate information into clear recommendations, actions and decisions.
- Strong projectmanagement skills, with the provide ability todrive forresults across a distributed set of stakeholders across multiple projects.
- Abilityto rapidly gain and buildtrustand confidence of internal and external stakeholders.
- Comfort working with technical engineering teams andabilityto quickly grasp new ideas.
- Remains resilient and constructive when faced with change. Able toshift approaches when situations change.
- Passion for helping optimize performance& resultswithin a product team.
- Drive accountability for headcount, budget, and compliance across the organization
- Partner closely with LT, exec admins,HR, and recruitingtoactively re-prioritize throughout the year towork towards funded headcount, non-people, and discretionary budgetgoals
- Create and manage on-going review cadence for key team metrics: budget vs forecast, business performance, product KPIs, and service metrics. Develop review structure, scorecards, and tools as needed in partnership withbroaderbusiness management community.
- Work with HR and Recruiting on talent pool planning to ensure we consider those needs when evaluatinginternationalfootprint,backfills, growth, and recruitingtargets
- 5+ yearsrelevantexperience in businessoperations, businessmanagement,or finance role, preferably with technology/software engineering teams
- Proven effectiveness driving complex multi-stakeholder planningprocesses,effective written and verbal communication to drivealignment,leading cross-team programs to desired results, and managingrisk
- Ability to story-tell business and financial analytics and reports to audiences spanning multiple disciplines & seniority levels, including seniorexecutives
- Provenability to work across organizations and reporting boundaries to get thingsdone
- Bachelor’s degreeinbusiness, finance, engineering, operations or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.