|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
**This positing is for a PowerToFly event** By applying to this role, you’ll be assessed for multiple, identical positions on several teams.
Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s commercial Cloud Services. Azure differentiates itself as the only hyper-scale, enterprise-grade Cloud that has a true hybrid story.
If you’re interested in solving challenging technical problems and driving innovation in an area that has huge potential for impact on the company’s future, then this is the position for you.
As a software engineer on the Azure team, you will be responsible for designing, coding and testing features of the product working closely with product/program managers, senior engineers, customers/partners and leaders. You would own the end to end life cycle of your features, from inception to managing it live in production.
We are looking for candidates with solid computer science fundamentals who are passionate about scale, quality, and performance. You have experience with user interfaces, distributed systems, and asynchronous programming.
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience working on distributed systems/cloud services
- Solid computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures background is highly desired
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Experience with C#, Java, C, or C++ or other object-oriented programming language
- Deep customer and partner focus - able to understand their needs through a data driven approach
- Ability to organize and implement integration tests and resolve problem areas
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Experience with online services and Machine Learning/AI/Big Data
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.