|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people — not devices — are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality headsets, and motion controllers. We believe in success through a compelling and comprehensive developer story for Mixed Reality platforms. If you do too, we need you!
We are looking for an experienced engineer to help enabling new and exciting Mixed Reality scenarios. The Mixed Reality Composition team is working on innovative technologies related to enabling new devices and features to let your applications work in your reality. You will constantly be faced with complex problems and challenges and will have to make decisions based on telemetry and user feedback. You will work in code ranging from kernel components all the way to application frameworks and Windows Shell. Power, performance, no regressions, high quality code will always be among the top metrics.
- Write high-quality code and test it well.
- Partner with software architects and leadership team to deliver solid technical designs.
- Design interfaces across multiple Windows and HW ecosystem partners, including APIs and DDIs
- Use data you add to the product to make decisions and identify issues
- Learn and grow!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years of software design and development experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with modern C++.
- Debugging skills, including debugging of multi-threaded applications.
- This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" : a natural person (a) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20); or (b) who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3); or (c) is subject to an approved license by the applicable government agency.
There are plenty of other skills that aren’t required, but you’ll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with:
- Great communication skills and ability to work across multiple teams and disciplines.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a highly motivated team environment.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.