|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft's mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Microsoft believes that artificial intelligence will play a critical role in accomplishing that mission. The Microsoft Search, Assistant and Intelligence (MSAI) group is leading this effort. We are working to change the lives and work of hundreds of millions by building deep intelligence into the products that people use every day such as Outlook, Teams, Windows, Office, SharePoint and Cortana. By understanding our user’s preferences, communication and context across applications we can proactively and reactively help users accomplish more with less effort.
We are looking for a thought leader who can bring deep applied science experience and knowledge to help us in building the future of AI systems. As an applied scientist in MSAI you would work in an exciting and fast-paced environment, collaborating closely with teams across the company, including Microsoft Research (MSR). You will work as part of an organization that brings together talent in the areas of machine learning, natural language processing, deep learning, information retrieval, software engineering, and trustworthy computing. We value and encourage diversity in the belief that it leads to both great workplaces and great products.
- Lead innovative applied research programs in the area of Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Collaborate closely with Microsoft Research and product teams to create relationships and the next generation of innovation in our products and services
- Support and develop a research culture within the MSAI organization that encourages experimentation and scientific process to drive innovation in our products and service
- Communicate internally and externally through publication, presentations, and other mediums (e.g., blogs, press interviews) on research progress, major breakthroughs and product innovation
- Applied Research experience in at least one of the following:
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Information Retrieval
- AI fairness, transparency and ethics
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field, Masters or PhD preferred
- 8+ years of experience developing product level algorithms preferred, with a proven track record of successfully shipping applied research to production
- Excellent problem solving and data analysis skills, with expertise in developing or applying predictive analytics, statistical modeling, data mining, or machine learning algorithms, especially at scale
- Key differentiators: Grounded in a growth mindset, advocate for inclusion and diversity, and strong self-awareness
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.