|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
As the Account Team Unit (ATU)Community & Field Enablement Lead, this role will define and execute the community and field enablement strategy and programs for the primary global customer journey, engagement and transformation roles in the company – i.e. The Account Team Unit (GM, Directors/Managers, Account Executives / Industry Executives, Account Technology Specialists). This applies across all three segments: Strategic, Major and SMC.This role, due to its visibility and importance, reportsdirectly to the GM, National ATU (NATU) & Strategic Accountsand will work primarily in partnership with the x-segment and revenue/growth role leaders within NATU.
This role is a highly pivotal and critical role as we look to drive success with >1,200 sellers --GMs, Director/Managers and Client Directors, AEs/IE’s and ATS roles across three segments, with particular depth on the Strategic Account segment. The role is also highly collaborative where you will be expected to create clarity in a complex organizational environment, generate energy through a bias towards action, and deliver results while creating a strong sense of belonging and creating a uniform influential voice within each community type.
The NATU is a newly formed organization within the Microsoft US (MSUS) subsidiary and the first of its kind within Microsoft. We are accountable for four key areas:
- Market-Making & Growth Strategies: identifying and incubating market-making and ecosystem opportunities, Consumer Lifetime Value (CLV) and growth strategies for MSUS across all segments (Strategic, Major, SMC), including strategic growth topics (example: Accessibility, etc.) to Win the Market.
- Deal Acceleration & ExpansionEngaging to accelerate, grow and protect key deals below the SPT threshold. Increase average deal size and partner with MSUS and Worldwide (WW) to enable the change from just Win the Deal to Win the Customer. Note: This is a future vs. current area of focus.
- Strategic Accounts Strategy & Transformation: A depth, global and end-to-end growth and customer success approach as we create win the customer and win the market showcases, ultimately growing our share, by helping our customers achieve their 3 Horizon industry customer business outcomes, etc.
- ATU Strategy & Revenue Communities:Accountable to assess and deploy fit-for-purpose growth strategies and plays, define and guide the capability and capacity required to help customers execute the 3 Horizon, Digital Transformation (DT)and cultural journey to achieve their customer business outcomes; capture and scale best practices and coach account teams; work directly with customers and partners to drive growth; inspire, motivate and help achieve results and provide a uniform voice representing MSUS.
- Jointly formulate the ATU Community strategyall up and by roletype
- Create and deliver with the leaders the plans to operationalize, engage and measure success of the respective communities.
- Activate new and ensure elevated engagement of existing communities
- Help capture, productize and propagate select bestpractices
- Support the ATU revenue & growth leaders in creating a uniform voice of and landing the priority growth strategies, plays and capabilities by role
- Refine onboarding and mentoring programs to accelerate time to value
- Partner to define and execute and measure effectiveness offield enablement strategies to grow business, account management and leadership capability
- Support career pathing and talent pipeline efforts as needed
- Partner with WW to refine and improve joint community efforts
- Ability to build communities and lead through influence
- Develop change management strategies by identifying key stakeholders, approach, and communication plans.
- Use analytical skills to dive deep, drive insights, develop detailed action plans, and tracking progress.
- Partner with cross functional corporate teams (ie. Learning, HR/Culture, Area Transformation Organization (ATO), Sales Excellence (SE), Industry Communities, WW teams and the OU ATU teams directly as applicable).
- Using vendor support, directly manage the operations of the community forums (calls, clicks, collaboration)
- 10+ years overall experience insales, business development, services, consulting, marketing, and/or customer success
- 3+ years in program and operations experience, with a focus on internal Community building
- Strong written andorganizational skills
- Passion for creativity and growth
- Keen collaborator and a desire to grow in customer and partner engagement
- Ability to independently manage multiple deliverables in a fast paced, matrixed, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Exhibit empathy, curiosity and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results required in the spirit of a growth mindset.
- Internal communications background is a plus
- Field enablement programs background is a plus
- Storytelling experience is a plus
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.