|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is a leader in design of world-class devices and silicon. Come join our dynamic and collaborative silicon team. We are looking for a passionate silicon architect to make an impact with their experience in high-performance, low-power crypto and security hardware. The successful candidate will be highly motivated to thrive in a technical environment with great breadth and opportunity, values collaboration beyond the block/tasks they own, is continually intellectually curious, and brings diverse perspectives to help create products that are shaping the future of computing.
You will be on the leading edge of computing, building lasting relationships with your team and cross-functional groups to deliver silicon architectures with innovative features. You will use your experience and energy to continually advance the security of a wide spectrum of devices including server, PCs, IoT, consumer electronics and more, empowering people and devices to be ever more productive and trusted. You are expected to work with limited direction, have attention to detail and be able to provide technical clarity to your cross-team collaborators and project leads/management. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. Difference makes us better.
- Develop HW security module architecture specifications, at a low enough level, to address security issues
- Evaluate systems of components to ensure security goals are maintained
- Prototype and evaluate algorithms and architecture using C/C++ based architectural models
- Work with other architects, designers, and verification teams to contribute, review, and provide feedback to relevant specifications and designs
- Document assumptions with technical clarity and communicate results
- Architect with thoughtfully minimalist microarchitecture and verification complexity
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- BS/MS in Electrical, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- 4+ years of relevant engineering experience
- C/C++ coding experience
- Microarchitecture and RTL experience including owning and creating a design module
- Understanding of security mechanisms including confidentiality, integrity, and authentication
- Familiarity of cryptography and security standards
- Track record of team technical leadership & individual technical contribution on challenging projects
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with a growth mind set
- Understanding application of finite field and modular arithmetic to cryptography
- Familiar with cryptography side-channel attacks and countermeasures
- Ownership and task completion through multiple phases of ASIC project architecture, design implementation, and verification and validation tasks
- Knowledgeable about processor HW security features
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.