|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering organization builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster, and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire, and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Core Platform Engineering – Integrations Dynamics & Enterprise Security (IDE) team, is on a journey towards modernizing critical business processes focused on providing world-class experiences for our Microsoft employees and business partners. The team is working on improving employee productivity through connected enterprise scale distributed systems infused with smart analytics based on machine learning capabilities. These will be delivered to our critical business processes enabling business partners make data driven decisions.
Microsoft is transitioning to a cloud-first world. We are at the forefront of creating innovative solutions aligning to this strategy on a global scale for Microsoft’s customers, partners, and our employees. We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Group Software Engineering Manager who is passionate about driving world class engineering solutions for the IDE team using Dynamics, Azure, Power Platforms and Microsoft technologies through co-developing with product team and our customers.
A fast paced and dynamic team environment will engage and energize your ability to solve complex business problems and provide an opportunity to be part of an exciting business digital transformation.
This manager is ready to be a part of a team that moves fast, leverages continuous delivery practices, and is centered at the customer experience. This position requires strong collaboration and teamwork across team and organizational boundaries, playing a vital role in engineering services that delight the customer. Your ability to be the technical leader, focus on service first, and part of a team that tears down silos to deliver the best service experience will be critical to your success, along with the teams.
- Lead the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry
- Support and influence the team culture of being customer centric and continuous improvement
- Manage and grow a team of highly capable engineers developing a world-class platform
- Champion engineering practices that ensure safe and fast paced releases of our services
- Implement and maintain excellent design and development processes
- Strong architecture skills and service quality mindset in designing and developing sustainable and scalable software solutions.
- In collaboration with others apply engineering principles to solve complex problems while leveraging sound engineering practices
- Flight code changes and drive telemetry and analytics to take a data-driven approach to understanding customer impact
- Work with multiple client partner teams to implement cohesive end-to-end experiences
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Development, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 10 years' minimum experience in Software Engineering or Software Development
- 10 years minimum software engineering experience building and shipping high performance and scalable systems and services using modern programming languages like C#, C/C++, Java, or Python
- Typescript or React
- Experience leading and managing a team of software engineers
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills with a solid understanding of testing practices
- Experience with agile development practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work through ambiguous situations
- In depth knowledge in Dynamics 365 and CRM systems
- Experience building and hosting Website for Enterprise scale
- Experience building and/or integrating business applications
- Experience building on Azure or other cloud providers
- Experience with machine learning development and operationalization
- Experience with DevOps practices and techniques such as Continuous Delivery, TDD, and Testing in Production
- Experience collaborating effectively with multiple cross functional teams across geographies
- Solid understanding and experience in applying design patterns to real life scenario
- Knowledge of object oriented programming principles and experience designing extensible software
- Experience with any of the following engineering areas: performance, security, privacy, accessibility, and localization/globalization
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.