|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us as we work towards Microsoft’s mission of empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. The Modern Life Experiences (MLX) team is expanding its global footprint and we need your help in bringing consumer products directly to the people who need them. We are agile team at Microsoft with the goal of developing consumer features for the modern workforce across surfaces and platforms. We work collaboratively and iterate quickly. We keep alive an inherently startup-like, risk-taking culture but we also take the responsibility seriously to carry one of the world's most recognizable software brand names - Microsoft. Our mission is to build customer-driven experiences that transform personal data into personal value and empower modern achievers and families to accomplish what matters most. By creating easy-to-use mobile and web experiences, we are helping individuals and families gain peace of mind, to ultimately allow them to focus on what’s most important: each other.
We are looking for a Data Scientist with passion and knowledge of customer lifecycle and user behavior to join our cross-functional data team. You’ll sit right at the junction of product, marketing and engineering to help us understand the current state of our customers, come up with hypothesis for improving the products and recommend experiments. You’ll contribute to the data integrity and constantly help improve our internal processes. This is a great opportunity to apply statistical and more advanced data science techniques to engagement, retention, and growth programs that have meaningful and visible impact on our business.
- Work with Product to define business metrics and feature success metrics
- Apply advanced analytical and modeling method to improve user retention, engagement, and conversion metrics
- Provide comprehensive analysis of funnel conversion and perform ad-hoc deep-dive on user behavior
- Propose experimental designs to optimize business strategies across product surfaces and marketing channels
- Communicate campaign and experiment results to internal audiences, make recommendations on product roadmap and decisions
- Keep up to date with the latest advances in the field and apply them in the organization
- 1-2 years of experience using analytics to solve problems, understand user behavior and drive business decisions
- SQL and performing analysis with large datasets using Python or R
- BS/BA Degree in Math, Engineering, CS or another Quantitative field
- Strong understanding of funnel optimization best practices that can positively impact key business metrics
- Understanding of statistical analysis and experimental design, AB testing
- Managing priorities and stakeholder expectations
- Ability to communicate insights verbally, visually, and written
- Ability to collaborate with Product and streamline requirements in actionable deliverables
- Experience with distributed computing and data pipeline (Hadoop/Spark etc.)
- Experience with data collection and data pipelines a plus
- Machine Learning modeling experience a plus
- Knowledge of internal Microsoft Data Science (Azure ML, Cosmos, Scope, etc) tools a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.