|Job Type:||Full Time|
In the last decade, the emergence of cloud computing revolutionized nearly every business and industry. We believe that the next era will be defined by extending the capabilities of this intelligent cloud out from large datacenters into the real world where data is generated, like in factories, retail stores, and on the road. The Azure Edge Operations is a newly founded team strategically positioned to drive this expansion.
We are looking for an experienced and strategic Senior Program Manager who is an organized self-starter with a proven track record in driving initiatives from thought to implementation.
You will own and drive customer facing logistics operations for our Azure Edge products and drive improvements to scale our operational capabilities. To succeed in this role, you should have strong operations skills, and experience with customer facing operations, backed-up by customer service skills, customer empathy, and a passion for exceeding customers’ expectations. Past experience in successfully orchestrating multi-stakeholder efforts towards common targets is required for this role.
- Ensure our Edge customers have a great frictionless experience with our products, such that operations become invisible to them.
- Partner with field, Support, Engineering and Business PMs to optimize our customers’ experience, troubleshoot operational and logistic issues and provide customer guidance.
- Identify opportunities, own and drive activities to automate, streamline and scale operations:
- Define and implement operational scorecards, track metrics and trends, and RCA issues to uncover gaps, prioritize and drive improvements with relevant stakeholders.
- Own identifying and driving operational improvements within the operations team as well as through Engineering.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 8+ years of customer facing operations experience.
- Proven success working in a complex environment and across a diverse set of business, engineering, and operational stakeholders.
- Detail oriented and data driven – proven ability to drive operations through data analysis, tracking trends and success metrics and prioritizing issues and actions based on data insights.
- Past proven experience in implementing business scorecards – familiarity with data aggregation, SQL queries and visualization front ends like Power Bi.
- High customer empathy and awareness - proven experience interacting with customers in technical support roles, understanding customer needs and passionate for supporting customers.
- Self-driven, willing to take on big challenges, dealing with ambiguity and fast changing conditions.
- Solid written as well as oral communication skills and adept in interfacing with both technical as well as non-technical stakeholders.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent experience.
- Solid familiarity with the Azure Cloud and related technologies, Azure Edge, Azure cloud service architecture, deployment, and configuration
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.