|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have passion for delivering key insights on top of Big Data? A desire to help shape the emerging data platform ecosystem with Cloud and Enterprise into a competitive differentiator? What about working directly with engineering counterparts and assorted business teams to influence how azure products, services, and business plans within C+E are operationalized and monetized?
The goal of Cloud and Enterprise (C+E) AIP team is to foster a data-driven culture, to encourage and enable the azure customers and partners to make more informed decisions through data. As part of that work team develops and operationalizes the high scale data platform that enables azure customers to realize and manage azure costs and partner teams to operationalize their goals. As the volume of data-and the demand for solutions-grows, we need a strong and experienced SDE who can design & develop on Big Data systems and help manage day-to-day operations.
We are looking for someone who:
- Design, build and own the optimal data processing architecture and systems for new data and analytics pipelines and metrics leveraging Azure and open source technologies
- Plan, build roadmap for long term data strategies, data foundation, data assets to drive longer term needs for the team and partners
- Build core datasets as well as scalable and fault-tolerant pipelines
- Is obsessed about service health and strives for higher standards, guaranteeing high quality and high SLA datasets
- Desires to constantly be challenged and grow
- 5+ years’ experience in Internet/IT industry working on data and analytic solutions
- 3+ years’ Experience with one or more of the following: Business Intelligence, Cloud solution and Big data
- Experience in one or more high level languages (C#, Java, Scala), data manipulation (SQL, Hadoop, Spark); Experience in Spark is preferred
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of engaging with all internal and external partners effectively
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com