|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our mission is to delight the customers and retailers by delivering world class shopping experiences on various canvasses like Bing, Windows, MSN, Edge, and Apps. We are a fast-growing team with bold goals to grow 20x in terms of revenue and users in a short span of time.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced software architect with a strong technical background and relevant development experience to play a critical role in the success of Microsoft Shopping and our broader marketplace ambitions. Responsibilities range from leading technical due diligence of different approaches, architectural brainstorming with engineering managers and other architects, evangelizing and garnering support from potential strategic customers/partners, prioritizing the evolution of the architecture to support strategic opportunities, devising ways to leverage machine learning, and working with engineers, PMs, and data scientists to select high-level service abstractions to evolve our infrastructure.
We are looking for a highly motivated, and innovative Principal Software Architect to help us build a strong consumer focused business. We value everyone’s opinion and ideas and have built a diverse and inclusive team along the years with low turnover and great work life balance. We seek engineers who are passionate about building complete, production-quality software services, with a scalable and sustainable architecture and implementation, with high performance over large data sets, and with low latency and high availability. We want a customer-focused engineer motivated to build great consumer focused products who can partner with other product teams and engineers.
- Be the trusted partner and go-to technical resource for our planning, project, and business development teams - especially in the areas of cloud/web services, machine learning, data analysis and related areas.
- Be the go-to technical resource for partnership discussions, technical evaluations and negotiations and be the first line representation for our technical capabilities in key presentations and meetings inside and outside the company.
- Create and maintain best practices for high quality product engineering, development best practices and conduct architectural reviews.
- Participate or lead concept development and rapid productization for proven concepts.
- Provide guidance and consultation to portfolio projects on matters related to scale, shipping, and other product development areas.
- Be a key resource to our go-to-market and PR efforts, contributing to technical understanding and PR strategies.
- Initiate, scope and undertake projects with multiple external partners and stakeholders.
- Possess keen awareness and ability to stay abreast of upcoming technical trends and internal roadmaps.
Understand the real root cause of incidents and how they might stem from architectural decisions and propose fixes in future revisions.
- Experience working in/with large Product engineering teams that ship to hundreds of millions of customers.
- 8+ years of experience in software architecture in cloud or web services, creating best practices with engineering, development, and architectural reviews.
- 10+ years of software/service product development/management and driving agile product development.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related engineering areas.
- Great communication and teamwork skills.
- Familiarity with shopping/ecommerce is a plus but not required, as is broader experience in distributed computing, containers and microservice architectures, and familiarity with Azure or other cloud services.
- Growth Mindset with a desire to learn, a tendency to embrace challenges, persist in the face of setback, see failures as essential to mastery, learn from criticism and find lessons and inspiration in the success of others.
- Help to create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result.
- Confident and articulate in expressing ideas to a mixed audience with varying views and challenges.
- A sense of personal ownership and accountability is required, together with the ability to deliver to deadlines while managing internal stakeholder expectations.
- Self-motivated with a strong drive for reaching across teams and organizations to make progress collaboratively.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.