|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for opportunities to deliver innovations tobillionsof users every day thatimpacttheir daily life?Are you passionate about solving real customer problems withcutting edgemachine learningand data sciencetechnologies?Do you want to be part of a fast-cycle, high visibility and growth-oriented team with ambitious goals and intensive competitions?
We are the Weather and Finance Services team underWebXTteam. We are responsible for building E2E Finance and Weather web services for Bing, Windows, Office and other integration pointssurfaced to billions of users. Ourservice isbuilt on state of art of machine learning, recommendationsystem,visualization,and user experience technologies.
We are looking for an extremely talented, highly motivated and productiveSeniorData/Applied Scientist with expertise intheinter-disciplinaryareasof atmospheric science,data science, machine learning, data miningand large-scale distributed computation.You will:
- Work withstate-of-the-art weatherdatasetsfocusing on data provenance, quality, traceability and error propagationforhigh qualityandunifiedweather datasolutionat scale.
- Designand implementrobustmetricsfor insights on thehealth,quality,anduser experiencesto driveweather productsdirections.
- Collaborate across research,engineering,and product teams toshape andship innovativeweatherproductfeatures.
- Keepon track ofcutting-edgetrends inareasofmachine learning and deep learningapplications in weatherorenvironmentalfeaturerelatedproducts
- Master/PhD in AtmosphericScienceorclosely relatedscientific or quantitativediscipline (e.g.meteorology,computer science,statistics,orphysics)
- 5+ years of experience in theappliedareasof atmospheric sciencethroughdata drivenmodels.
- 3+ years of development/coding experience required using C#/Java/Python/C++
- 2+ years of industrial experiencedevelopingcustomer facingproductsin weather orotherrelated domain.
- Strongexperiencesona deeplearning framework likePyTorchorTensorFlow.
- Strongproblem-solvingskills,canresearch, develop andimplementnovelsolutions, withthe agilitytoworkaroundimperfectdata.
- Strongcommunication skills, self-motivated,can work independently as well as deliver results through collaboration.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.