|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Security is a top priority for Microsoft, because it is a top concern for our customers. Microsoft’s Security and Compliance team has invested deeply to build strong 1st party security capabilities across Microsoft 365.
The fight against cybercrime requires defenders to be adaptive and responsive to the rapidly evolving threat landscape. To protect our customers from an adaptive adversary and help them manage complexity in the cyber operation, we in turn need to innovate. AI stands at the core of this innovation. It allows us to scale security domain expertise, utilize the rich signals available at Microsoft, and make timely decisions to protect Microsoft and its customers from cyberattacks.
We are seeking applicants from diverse backgrounds that are fueled by the challenges presented cyberattacks and have a passion for research. You would be part of a world-class research lab with globally recognized scientists and researchers. We pursue innovation in a range of scientific and technical disciplines to help solve complex challenges in diverse fields, including AI, ML, security, privacy, and compliance.
We seek a Principal Research Program Manager to join our research team. We power protection in products like Office 365, Outlook, Microsoft Threat Protection, Mobile Threat Detection, Edge, and more. In this role, you would be responsible to work with data scientists, security researchers, applied researchers, and internal & external partners to protect our customers from phishing and social engineering threats so they can communicate & browse with confidence and trust. This role has a unique opportunity to innovate in the security space that impacts not only millions of customers, but the threat landscape at large.
- Bring people together across disciplines to develop ideas and concepts to further protection value through research and product features
- Understand the threat and competitive landscape, frame the problems we want to go after, get team alignment and commitments along with measurements, and drive the execution that ensure we are delivering a valuable solution
- Engage in continuous planning cycle to drive next wave planning while keeping your pulse on execution and stepping in to provide unique value as needed
- Cross functional leadership and collaboration with stakeholders to proactively create a strong funnel of opportunities and that can be leveraged for continuous planning
- Make good, timely and practical decisions with uncertainty on a consistent basis
- Contribute to industry visibility through active community presence
- 6+ years of experience in a technical project management, program management, or similar engineering role
- Bachelors or advanced degree or equivalent professional experience in a technical field
- Understand AI innovations across the industry and academic research community
- Experience working with research teams and/or in a research setting
- Great written and verbal communication skills, ability to simplify and articulate complex ideas
- A desire to learn, grow, and drive change
- Subject matter expertise and passion for online safety
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.