|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for data, machine learning and cybersecurity? Do you want to apply it to protecting people against cybercriminals at scale? Would you like to work with and act as a technical mentor to a diverse, talented, and highly collaborative team of data scientists? Would it make you proud to tell your friends and family that the work you do protects half a billion people in over a hundred countries around the world?
We are seeking a Data Scientist in our research team to help us build and expand our cross-service, signal-based protections using state-of-the art techniques spanning the areas of supervised and unsupervised machine learning. Here's a bit about us. Our organization focuses on protecting customers against cyber-threats such as social engineering attacks such as phishing across email & browsers – within this charter, machine learning (ML) is a fundamental part of how we protect customers. That's where you come in.
As a data scientist, you will architect novel AI-based solutions and partner with our researchers, engineers, and other data scientists to execute and deploy these state-of-the-art techniques to protect customers. In your day-to-day work, you will analyze telemetry from our products, conduct ML experiments, build ML pipelines, and ship successful models to production.
At Microsoft, you’ll have access to vast amounts of threat-related data from billions of endpoints and other sources. Our data pipelines are curated and supported by engineering teams (so you won't have to do much data engineering – you get to do the fun stuff.) You will have the opportunity to collaborate with partners across Microsoft who have decades of security and ML expertise. We also offer many company-sponsored classes and conferences that focus on data science, ML, and engineering excellence. Microsoft provides phenomenal community, tools, and technologists to grow your expertise in this field. Best of all, on the phishing research team, you'll be able to apply that expertise to protecting people.
- Monitor and analyze protection data to uncover gaps
- Identify performant features and models and make them universally accessible to our team and partners across Microsoft.
- Architect and implement ML systems to protect our customers
- Bring your data science expertise by reviewing problem sets, proposing prediction models, and reviewing experiments and models.
- 1+ years of professional experience in a technical role in the areas of applied machine learning
- 1+ years of implementing and successfully deploying ML solutions at scale for real-world problems
- 1+ years of expereince or proficiency in Python, and/or other statistics/ML tools.
- Moderate coding skills. SQL or similar required.
- Masters degree with relevant coursework toward Data Science, Statistics and Machine Learning
- Some exposure to building ML models on cloud technologies such as Azure
- PhD in a quantitative field (engineering, computer science, statistics etc.) with relevant coursework in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics & Deep Learning
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.