|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a Metro DC Ops Program Manager, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our Datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class Cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our global datacenter operations.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
As the successful Metro DC Ops Program Manager, your performance objectives include:
- Execute the change management governance process at the Campus/Metro level that ties back to Global and Regional DC Operations Change Management standards
- Manage the daily Change Management functions at the Campus/Metro level including maintaining and documenting change management procedures, stakeholder management, technical and business impact assessment
- Lead the daily Campus/Metro Change Review meetings with local team members and stakeholders
- Monitor to ensure only approved and validated changes are executed
- Identify and manage scheduling conflicts working with stakeholders to negotiate implementation dates and schedules across IT, CE, and Facilities teams
- Ensure deep technical analysis is conducted to assess potential impacts of proposed changes
- Alert management of potential high risk and high impact changes
- Ensure appropriate resources are available to execute the approved changes including vendors, suppliers and representatives from the business partners for testing and validation
- Accountable to provide program governance, leadership, and direction for all projects at the campus level to ensure projects are planned and executed on schedule
- Support the DC PM’s to perform project estimation, budget management, ROI calculations, formulate project delivery strategies while establishing milestones and schedules
- Support the field operations leadership teams to operationalize all strategic initiatives consistently and effectively at the campus level
- Support the Campus Director with local coordination of campus communications, all hands meetings, and townhall events
Capabilities important to success include:
- Operational Planning & Project Management: Show structured thinking, planning, and the ability to execute by working through others, influencing without authority, and dealing with ambiguity
- Exceptional written and Interpersonal skills: Communicate effectively and concisely with stakeholders, senior managers, and leaders about our programs and objectives
- Customer/Stakeholder Focus: Gather stakeholder impressions of services and programs, integrating this feedback into decision making. Allocate and align resources to optimize the stakeholder and partner experience.
- Performance Goal and Standards Setting: Develop and communicate to realistic timelines via plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate + long-term consequences
- Understand datacenter business objectives: Critically review multiple plans and adjust as needed. Proactively communicate and address necessary trade-offs
- Process and Technology: Demonstrate a solid understanding of IT and CE environments including operational processes and industry best practices
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Regularly scan the environment to help anticipate changes that could affect key programs and projects. Effectively changes plans, goals, actions or priorities to respond to changing situations.
- Team Player : Ability to both contribute strategically to this relatively new team and support strategic decisions once debate is over.
- 5+ Years’ experience in a 24x7x365 production environment or related experience
- 5+ Years’ experience in datacenter processes and tooling or related experience
- 3+ Years’ experience in change control process
- Two years’ experience with industry program and project management skills
- Two years’ experience working with collaboration platforms (e.g. SharePoint, MS Teams etc.)
- One-year experience with reporting and data analysis systems & platforms (e.g. PowerBI)
- Technical College degree or certification in Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, Electrical- or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- ITIL Foundations Certification or equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
- Ability to support frequent standing, walking, lifting, and working at heights
- Willingness to work flexible hours, non-business hours, or other scenarios required by the flow of operations.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
“In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day”