|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Microsoft Health Next, our goal is to accelerate innovation by bringing new AI and cloud- based services to life, to improve health outcomes and lower costs. Our team drives the cross-company strategy for healthcare and life sciences, and applies Microsoft's deep technical assets to improve healthcare and health equity around the world. We focus on technologies we believe will shape the industry in the 3-10 year time horizon, and bridge Microsoft Research and commercial products, as well as work on deep AI collaborations with customers and partners. One very important such area is medical imaging.
In your role as Principal SDE, you will work on real-world problems to create new meaning out of patient data, and create new capabilities for health and life sciences customers. Your contributions will impact Microsoft's healthcare technical and product strategy and you will work side-by-side with our data scientists, engineers and researchers to deliver healthcare AI innovation projects and commercial solutions. An entrepreneurial, start-up approach and willingness to take end-to-end ownership are key, as is the ability to truly partner and collaborate across organizations.
As a key member of our multi-disciplinary team, you will:
- Develop cloud-based tooling and pipelines for medical data management and image analysis.
- Leverage full-stack software engineering skills to deliver a better user experience to health care professionals
- Collaborate closely with partner teams inside & outside of Microsoft
- Show creativity and curiosity to build integration proof of concepts across the Microsoft and partner ecosystems
- Bring your curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and passion to deliver on the promise of technology in the difficult, competitive, and exciting industry of healthcare
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar (Engineering, Math, Physics) or equivalent software development experience
- 5+ years of software development experience delivering commercial software / online services
- 3+ years of experience with distributed online systems and RESTful architectures
- 3+ year of experience with large scale data management solutions
- Strong software design and implementation skills
- Experience with machine learning/AI via frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, Caffe etc
- Experience with medical imaging software
- Experience with machine learning pipelines for computer vision tasks
- Demonstrated success working directly with key customers/partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.