|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is a terrific opportunity if you are excited to work on developer platforms and with teams across Microsoft, drive planning and solve challenges for a large-scale service that is critical path for Office 365 and Microsoft's success. Do this job well and you will directly impact the growth of Office 365, develop an extensive network within the company and build a foundation to accelerate your career.
The Group: M365 Core builds the infrastructure, platforms, AI/ML and communications backbone for Microsoft 365. Our mission is to build a trusted platform that enables us, and our 3rd party partners, to create both people and group-centered productivity experiences. We do this by bringing together the entire breadth of our customers’ data assets with personalized user information to create a compliant and agile platform that democratizes the ability for developers to build intelligent M365 applications.
The Team: M365 Core Ecosystem team is the team that builds:
1. the Substrate data plane business logic that power core productivity data sets like mail, calendar, contacts, people, and tasks; and the APIs exposing those capabilities.
2. The Microsoft Graph developer experiences, documentation, tooling and SDKs.
3. We also drive the strategy for coherence, growth and security of the Microsoft 365 platform, collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams all across Microsoft to realize the opportunity for Microsoft and the 3rd party ecosystem that builds high value applications for our common customers.
The Role: This is a role leading the evolution of services within the Microsoft 365 platform and Microsoft Graph. You will be responsible for setting the strategy and managing the roadmap for our Exchange REST APIs, which many internal Microsoft teams and our external partners depend on. These APIs operate at high throughput and scale and impact hundreds of millions of customers world-wide. You will also help drive our modernization effort to migrate our Substrate platform to a robust set of microservices built on .NET Core.
You will be responsible for selling the vision and our big bets to our leadership team. You will build the backlog of work that the team will do and work tightly with engineering teams across several locations to get those features developed. You will engage directly with our internal / external partners and customers to understand their requirements and triage their issues. A key part of the role will be collaborating with various internal teams including Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Outlook, Azure AD, and the .NET team. M365 is growing and this is a great opportunity to have a large business impact in providing increased value to our customers.
You: We all bring something different to the table, and no doubt you do too. With that in mind, we are looking for diversity of backgrounds to build a well-rounded, flexible, nurturing, and healthy team that can execute incredibly well now and evolve for the future.
- Curiosity and Customer Empathy - We’re looking for PMs that are curious and seek to deeply understand our customers and their challenges, that put the customer first before the solution.
- Planning – Creating short term and long-term roadmaps for your product.
- Technical experience – API Design, Authentication, Authorization.
- Energy – Bring it! Microsoft moves fast, and the cloud industry moves even faster. We’re looking for passionate, motivated people who inject energy and a sense of urgency into the projects and teams they work on.
- Clarity – Clarity is perhaps our most important value add. New is always hard and comes with a long list of questions. Our job is to align everyone on the same plan and keep them there.
- Results – We’re looking for doers… people who consistently get stuff done. How do we measure success? Deliver the right infrastructure at the right time in the right place at the right cost and with minimal surprises. That’s a fantastic result!
- Collaborator – Partnering with others is at the heart of this role, so strong collaboration skills are essential. Great collaborators aren’t just easy to work with – they also raise tough questions, challenge others as necessary and negotiate win/win solutions.
- Learner – Working on a fast-paced industry requires an ability and appetite to learn quickly… and to keep learning. In short, we are looking for people with growth mindsets.
- Teammate – We seek amazing teammates. People who help each other, solve problems together, motivate others. People who are caring and want to create a healthy environment. We’re also looking for folks that want to have fun and apply the term “team” at the broadest level – irrespective of organizational lines.
- Experience – Product planning, engineering, cloud services, operations, partner management, data analytics and developer platform experiences are all beneficial for this role and our team. The more of these you have, the better.
- Experience designing and shipping robust and high scale APIs.
- Demonstrated experience building developer platforms.
- Track record of shipping SaaS services.
- Experience working across distributed teams.
- 5 to 10 years of industry experience (software, cloud services).
- BS degree in computer science or similar technical field.
- Online services experience preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.