|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about ITSM and the cloud? Do you love Technology Process and optimization? Are you eager to enable your customers to lead their digital transformation through cloud services management? Do you want to be part of team that offers ITSM Technology automation and service delivery solutions for the modern world? These are key components to Microsoft’s Cloud Strategy.
If so, you may be looking at your dream job.
Digital Transformation starts here. Interested? Keep reading!
The Microsoft IT Service Management practice is looking for a Modern Service Management (MSM) Consultant with expertise capable of delivering from on-premises to Cloud Services in our enterprise customers, a background in IT leadership, IT Service Management principles, executive presence and consulting skills. The Consultant role requires ITIL/MOF knowledge, Azure Monitoring, broad technical knowledge (including Microsoft and non-Microsoft products), and the ability to provide solutions by mapping customer business problems to reusable end-to-end process, and process-combined-with-technology, solutions.
We are looking for you to engage with key business decision makers to drive business executive discussions related to availability, agility, business value, costs, security management, disaster recovery, and the value of process in an enterprise environment.
The ideal candidate is one who brings both the experience and business acumen of a seasoned professional along with a growth mindset and passion to continuously learn in order to bring the best solutions to our customers.
- Lead customers to successfully operate their cloud infrastructure, from early adoption to Digital Transformation
- Lead MSM Cloud Services engagements across the lifecycle of a customer
- Deliver high quality work in both large-scale project environments and smaller, single staffed engagement models.
- Engage IT Leaders and Key Decision Makers in discussions related to availability, agility, business value, costs, security management, disaster recovery, and the value of services and process in an enterprise environment
- Lead and develop consultants from junior to senior level
- Work through complex Statements of Work (SOW) to determine the appropriate deliverables and outcomes and further define as needed
- Delivery excellence, exceptional teamwork and collaboration
- Orchestrate knowledge transfer and sharing best practices with team members that help enhance the quality and efficiency of customer service and process management
- Establish effective working relationships with the Microsoft Business Groups by working through appropriate escalation channels
- Work as one Microsoft to establish strong relationships with Microsoft Field Sales, Domain (MCS) and Account aligned teams, Product Group and other internal resources as appropriate
- Establish frequent engagement interaction with Microsoft Corporate customers, MCS and Premier account contacts, and Customer Support staff
- Identify new opportunities and work with account teams identify, pursue and close strategic business development opportunities while continually driving add-on business within existing projects
- Work with architects on solutioning and provide field insights to better align delivery of services Intellectual Property (IP) to customer needs.
- 12+ years of Professional Services Consulting experience
- 5+ years of ITIL v3 Expert certification or ITIL Foundations with significant experience or ITIL v2 Service Manager Certification, and have applied knowledge of real-world environments across the service lifecycle (strategy, design, transition, operations, continual service improvement).
- 15+ years of Consulting experience with Preferred: BS/BA or MS/MA/MBA in Technology or Business or equivalent work experience
- Cloud technology experience or familiarity, preferably O365 and Azure experience
- Awareness of technical knowledge (including Azure, Azure Monitoring, Microsoft System Center, and non-Microsoft products)
- Awareness of other technologies and solution areas such as Modern Workplace, Azure Apps and Infrastructure and Business Applications a demonstrable ability to quickly learn and apply technology competencies is a plus.
- Proven ability to connect the right solutions to customer business problems
- Experience in both Service Support and Service Delivery focus areas Demonstrated experience running an IT operation combined with consulting and project management skills. Awareness of other technologies such as Microsoft Active-Directory, SharePoint, SQL and SQL Analysis Services, and a demonstrable ability to quickly learn and apply technology competencies is a plus.
- Excellent organization, communication, project management, problem solving skills.
Additional Desired experience:
- Windows 10, Azure, Azure Monitoring, Azure Stack, Azure DevOps or Azure for Government O365 Cyber Security familiarity/ experience.
- Leading customers digital transformation though cloud services management
- Advanced operations analysis skills and experience in principals of ITIL/ITSM, Project Management, Six Sigma, Agile, Scrum, lean, DevOps, and Business consulting to define appropriate customer solutions.
- Datacenter management and consolidations and competitor tools such as Remedy, BMC, Service Now, Etc.
- IT Operations director level experience
We are looking for an experienced Principal Consultant located anywhere in the U.S., willing to travel 75% of the time, to be a part of this exciting and growing team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.