Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
What You’ll Do
- Perform audit reviews.
- Interview clients.
- Create process flows and narratives.
- Review business processes, identify and assess controls, test key controls, develop findings, and communicate with clients to develop and follow up on action plans.
How You’ll Do It
- Complete assigned audit tasks using department tools, within guidelines, and within established timelines.
- Develop detailed risk assessments. Identify and assess controls against best practices.
- Highlight potential findings for discussion with audit leader.
With oversight from the Lead and Supervisor:
- Attend walkthrough meetings and document narratives/flowcharts.
- Assist with identification and documentation of risks, controls and tests in the automated work paper system.
- Participate in update meetings with internal audit management.
- Document work papers in accordance with Internal Audit Methodology or direction provided by the lead in a concise and logical manner.
- Understand how applications and related Information Technology (IT) risks and controls support achievement of business processing objectives
Working independently as an Associate:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Internal Audit Methodology by participating in every audit phase, including planning, fieldwork and reporting (e.g., International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) 2013).
- Demonstrate an awareness of the business unit activities under audit.
- Escalate potential findings in a concise format to the audit lead for discussion.
- Follow-up on assigned actions from the audit (status updates and verifications).
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, engineering, business, accounting, finance, computer science, analytics, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- 1+ years related to audit, accounting, risk management, or relevant business experience
- Practical experience in risk management activities, audit, or regulatory examinations helpful
- Experience in Financial Services, Banking, Credit Card or Public Accounting
- Individuals that have achieved professional credentials, or working toward professional certification preferred (CIA, CERP, CFE, CPA, CISA, or other relevant certification)
- Business, Six Sigma, Risk, STEM, or related certifications
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.