|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is a leading, individual contributor role with heavy influence across hardware development and program core teams. This position will focus on the mechanical engineering aspects of architecture, design, and analysis of hardware products for video conferencing equipment.
This role will have a primary responsibility for mechanical hardware development and delivering innovative, high-quality designs which are ready for prototype & production manufacturing.
This role serves as a principal mechanical engineer within the hardware team and be expected to mentor others, drive initiatives, and direct the mechanical design across programs.
What you’ll do:
This is an individual contributor role with influence across hardware development and program core teams. This position will focus on the acoustic engineering aspects of architecture, design, and analysis of hardware products for video conferencing.
This role will have technical oversight for acoustic strategy and development and will participate in cross functional collaboration for product development and execution of program deliverables.
The role will work within a team environment alongside program management, product management, manufacturing and engineering disciplines such as software, mechanical, electrical, and industrial design
Essential Functions this role will encompass:
- Lead the technical, strategy, design, and analysis for the development of audio products.
- Understanding and creating requirement specifications
- Acoustic design, analysis and test
- Design collaboration with mechanical, electrical, software and other teams
- Prototype debug, analysis, and optimization
- Design for manufacturing and productization
- Dfining, assessing, tracking and communicating tasks
- Delivering high-quality products on-time.
We’d love to hear from you if you meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, or above, in the study of acoustics, audio engineering, mechanical engineering, physics or electrical engineering. 10+ years of individual contribution in acoustic engineering with expertise in innovation & development of speakers and microphones for video conferencing equipment, or similar hardware products.
- Proven ability for technical innovation and implementation. Ability to lead technical engineering and contribute to program decisions and direction.
- Expertise with system-level design and productization of acoustic solutions including creating acoustic/system specifications, performing & evaluating testing, acoustic design analysis & optimization
- Experience with video conferencing hardware, or similar products, which combine speakers and microphones, including echo cancelation techniques and acoustic-vibration analysis
- Expert in audio design & specifications such as: system SPL, THD, impedance, frequency response, crossover, bass port tuning, etc.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable creating presentations and leading technical meetings.
- Able to deliver high-quality designs while facing challenging schedules and difficult program deliverables.
- Pro-Engineer (Creo) or other mCAD tool is strongly desirable