|Job Type:||Full Time|
In the role of Principle Mechanical Design Engineer, you will influence across the hardware development and program core teams, mentor others, drive initiatives, and direct the mechanical design across programs.. The position will focus on the mechanical engineering aspects of architecture, design, and analysis of hardware products for video conferencing equipment. The primary responsibility for mechanical hardware development and delivering innovative, high-quality designs which are ready for prototype & production manufacturing.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Perform technical, mechanical engineering design for the development of hardware products.
- Understanding, creating, and designing to requirement specifications using CAD (Pro-Engineer Creo) and other tools to create mechanical designs
- Collaborate with mechanical, industrial design, electrical and manufacturing to ensure the team delivers functional, reliable, and premium hardware solutions at a high velocity
- Perform engineering analysis and verification prototype assessment and failure analysis
- Defining, assessing, tracking and communicating tasks
- Identifying and driving improvement initiatives to deliver high-quality products on-time.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR :
- BSME degree with 12+ years of individual contribution in mechanical engineering with expertise in innovation & development of electro-mechanical hardware products.
- Proven & Current expert capability with Pro-Engineer Creo is required
- Must have expertise for high speed mechanical design of individual components, assemblies, system-level mechanical architecture, design-for-manufacturing, and mechanical documentation. Advanced surfacing expertise is strongly desirable
- Must have expertise with system-level mechanical analysis and design for manufacturing including sheet metal, plastics, die-casting, etc. and overall hardware design.
- Must be able to deliver high-quality designs while facing challenging schedules and difficult program deliverables
- Must have experience with mechanical system testing & analysis including design verification testing, system cooling and thermal management, and design for user-experience.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable delivering presentations and influencing technical meetings.
- Experience with electronic devices; video conferencing hardware, cameras, and speakers is desirable.