|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is a leading, individual contributor role with heavy influence across hardware development and program core teams. This position will focus on the mechanical engineering aspects of architecture, design, and analysis of hardware products for video conferencing equipment.
This role will have a primary responsibility for mechanical hardware development and delivering innovative, high-quality designs which are ready for prototype & production manufacturing.
This role serves as a principal mechanical engineer within the hardware team and be expected to mentor others, drive initiatives, and direct the mechanical design across programs.
Essential Functions this role will encompass:
- Perform technical, mechanical engineering design for the development of hardware products.
- Understanding, creating, and designing to requirement specifications using CAD (Pro-Engineer Creo) and other tools to create mechanical designs
- Proactive collaboration with the mechanical, electrical, industrial design, and manufacturing teams
- Perform engineering analysis and verification prototype assessment and failure analysis
- Defining, assessing, tracking and communicating tasks
- Identifying and driving improvement initiatives 8) delivering high-quality products on-time.
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following qualifications:
- BSME degree with 12+ years of individual contribution in mechanical engineering with expertise in innovation & development of electro-mechanical hardware products.
- Proven & Current expert capability with Pro-Engineer Creo is required. Must have expertise for mechanical CAD (Pro-Engineer Creo) design of individual components, assemblies, system-level mechanical architecture, design-for-manufacturing, and mechanical documentation. Advanced surfacing expertise is strongly desirable
- Must have expertise with system-level mechanical analysis and design for manufacturing including sheet metal, plastics, die-casting, etc. and overall hardware design.
- Must be able to deliver high-quality designs while facing challenging schedules and difficult program deliverables
- Must have experience with mechanical system testing & analysis including design verification testing, system cooling and thermal management, and design for user-experience.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable delivering presentations and influencing technical meetings.
- Experience with video conferencing hardware, cameras, and speakers is desirable.