|Location:||Fairview, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Aerospace Defense and Marine (AD&M) business of TE Connectivity are leaders in the development and engineering of a comprehensive portfolio of contactors, relays, sensors, connectors, fiber optics, wires, cables, antennas, circuit protectors and moldings for harsh environments. We have a global customer base with over 5000 employees to deliver a broad range of solutions.
TE Aerospace, Defense and Marine Business Unit Sr Manager of Product Management is responsible to manage all aspects of our Relays, Hartman Contactors and Kilovac Relays products, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing. They are responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans in order to meet sales and profit targets, as well as driving Profitable Growth for our High Performance Group product lines.
- Direct Supervision of Product Managers, Product Specialist and Field Application Engineers supporting Relays, Hartman and Kilovac.
- Lead the HPGG Product Management organization driving inclusion and diversity, maintaining the morale and engagement aligned with TE standards.
- Champion aggressive and profitable revenue growth within new / existing customer base as well as emerging markets by translating market and customer insight into new engineered product solutions.
- Formulate and execute plans to strategically grow existing product lines and launch new products (NPI).
- Manage the P&L for a series of product lines (profit, loss, pricing, margin, etc.)
- Strategically identify key targets for inorganic growth for product set.
- Provide the strategic vision and forecast for responsible products, build and maintain product roadmaps, and translate market / customer needs into product definitions and requirements.
- Manage life cycle of products from conception through end of life including: justification for prototype designs, working with development engineering and the customer to determine specs, product launch, product modifications, market positioning, pricing changes, delivery, manufacturing performance, end-of-life decisions.
- Manages product mix and price erosion
- Defines target costing, derives optimized pricing from the market and initiates cost out projects to improve profitability
- Reduces obsolete inventory
- Use of VOC (Voice of Customer) tools to understand customers' technology needs, map future needs, and translate them into a product plan.
- Equip sales teams through product training and sales promotions to increase revenues.
- Forecast both market conditions and sales for manufacturing operations (S&OP).
- Partnering with the sales organization, drive high levels of extraordinary customer experience by managing the customer relationship including quality, delivery and profitability.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering, desirable Master Degree, ideally combined with MBA
- 10+ years of experience in Project/Product management, ideally in Aerospace or Defense market.
- Agility to work in a Matrix environment
- Excellent communication skills to work in a cross-functional environment
- Strong computer back ground in applications like Salesforce.com, SAP (a plus), MS Office
- On demand business travel at ~ 50% of the time
- Strong business acumen and leadership skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and drive results in a dynamic, high paced environment
- Ability to influence the business and build relationships both internally and externally
- Creative, proactive, entrepreneur and innovative thinker
- Taking ownership of product line P&L and ensuring adequate return on investment of capital and inventory.
- Effective management of product life cycle activities (i.e. setting strategic vision, building / maintaining product roadmaps, etc)
- Strong track record of delivering results, driving accountability across organization.
- Proven ability in building and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Strong negotiation skills; experience in pricing or contract negotiations desirable.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
- Strong desire to win.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups