|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
While you’ve heard about Microsoft’s Digital Transformation and how it’s leading our industry to the cloud, have you ever thought of becoming a key member of the team that powers the core Infrastructure services for this strategic effort in our company? As a Software Engineer for the One Voice team within Enterprise 360 (E360), you will have the opportunity to be at the center of and influence our industry’s Digital Transformation.
Core Platform Engineering (CPE) is part of the Core Services Engineering (CSE) team - our goal is to boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advancements at Microsoft, while helping Microsoft employees work smarter, faster, and more securely every day. We are technology leaders with deep technical experts, focused on digital transformation and enabling our stakeholders.
As part of CPE, the One Voice team within E360 has a very broad portfolio which includes:
- Playing a significant part in driving the strategic vision and implementation of new and existing prioritized investments across Microsoft to increase our capabilities to function as modern enterprise and continue our digital transformation.
- Developing solutions to improve customer engagement, including Speech analytics, Natural Language Understanding, Speech Recognition and Translation, Optical Character Recognition, and a variety of other technologies on Azure with a heavy emphasis on Telemetry and service health.
- Managing 90 contact centers, ensuring that 36 million calls to Microsoft are delivered, and driving new capabilities, like speech to text translations for these calls.
- Moving line-of-business workloads to Azure and partnering with the Azure team on the features and functionalities required for a modern enterprise, with a focus on customer experience and security.
We are seeking a passionate and motivated Software Engineer for Core Services Engineering team.
- Drive the architecture/design/implementation and deliver great user experiences with high quality.
- Work with diverse and inclusive engineers, domain experts, product owners, and program managers to design and deliver end-to-end solutions to improve support experience of our partners and customers.
- Evolve and improve existing features and performances to ensure our promise on customer focus.
- Possess string technical skills to make critical engineering decisions in a fast paced and agile environment.
Knowledge, experience and skills/Qualifications:
- 4+ years of software design and development in an agile environment.
- 4+ years of coding skills in C#, C++ or Java.
- 4+ years of experience working on cloud services and REST APIs.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong emphasis on Quality and Engineering Excellence
Preferred, not required:
- Experience with Azure services, and databases.
An ideal candidate would exhibit the following attributes to succeed in this role:
Collaboration – As a developer, you will be constantly working with multiple teams across the organization to elevate our platform and an ability to collaborate effectively within the team and across teams is an important competency for that.
Customer Focus - A focus on delivering customer value and being able to directly tie engineering decisions and actions to that value is a huge plus for successful engineers at any level.
Drive For Results - Being able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibilities, but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it once and for all, is a skill and ability which a successful engineer should exhibit.
Technical Excellence – As a part of our agenda to constantly evolve and modernize our experiences, it is imperative for a successful software engineer to demonstrate a passion for technology, a curiosity to ‘go deep’, an ability to quickly learn and build upon past experiences, to be able to extrapolate from those experiences, and deliver innovations. Technical excellence is rooted in having a strong demonstrable aptitude for problem solving.
#CSEO #CPE #E360
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.