|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Windows Planning team within Windows + Devices is looking for a seasoned leader and people manager to help build out a new Windows Planning team. While there are a number of strong and well-developed teams driving growth and product development for Windows, there is an emerging opportunity for a dedicated team to develop our product planning practice and business performance management.
This leader and their team will have the opportunity to identify, nurture, and champion an emerging set of strategic growth bets and think proactively and strategically about opportunities to drive growth for the Windows business. The team’s charter will include specific, initiative-based Windows growth opportunities as well as an ongoing focus on framing long-term strategic questions and developing answers to those questions.
This individual will bring a variety of perspectives to our Windows planning process and help us find solutions to problems others have not yet seen. They will engage with stakeholders across Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Finance to tackle complex cross-group challenges with clearly identified outcomes. Most importantly, they will build and manage a high-performing team.
- Ten or more years of product management, product planning, corporate strategy, and/or business planning experience within leading technology, consumer electronics, management consulting, and/or corporate finance.
- 5 or more years of experience leading and managing a team of professionals
- A proven ability to drive strategic insight, including balanced consideration of product, technology, marketing, business model and third-party / partner perspectives
- Experienced with strategy formulation and program execution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; great attention to detail
- Understanding of current hardware technologies and a perspective on their future
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others
- Clear, concise, and convincing written and oral communication skills
- Strong executive presence and the ability to successfully worked across different functional teams
- BS/BA degree is required; MBA or equivalent work experience preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.