|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission. To learn more please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
The Device and Partner Sales (DPS) team plays a critical role in achieving this mission. We build and sell intelligent edge and intelligent cloud devices and solutions with partners, who include OEMs, device distribution channels, original design manufacturers, and Silicon providers. We work closely with our device ecosystem and internal business groups to enable partners to deliver amazing innovative experiences powered by Windows.
Opportunities in DPS are expansive because we span the entire product lifecycle -- from incubation, prototyping, and portfolio planning to the design-in, sell-in, and sell-through motions that help our partners touch consumers, students, and businesses. As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation, and contributing to our partnership engagements that build and launch devices and solutions worldwide. You will also be part of a people-first culture that supports a growth mindset, equality, and inclusion. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in DPS.
The Technical Sales Lead role for Teams Devices is an impactful role that sits at the intersection of Microsoft 365 & Devices and focuses on increasing sales of Teams devices designed for shared meeting spaces and personal use. This role is the worldwide lead responsible for Teams Devices technical sales leadership for DPS, inside Microsoft and externally to OEM and channel sales partners.
YYou will have the opportunity to study industry and market trends and products to help build effective strategies to win partners and customers to Microsoft based solutions.
You will lead Microsoft Teams Rooms Devices technical sales capability within Microsoft (60%)
- Own technical sales strategy and enablement within DPS organization (scaling through others)
- Support DPSS regional partner technical sales leads with strong community based approach (build others capability)
- Partner closely with DPS OEM account teams to align on partner technical sales engagement plan
- Partner internally across Microsoft sales teams (e.g. Enterprise, Partner, Marketing) as SME on Teams Devices
You will develop and nurture Microsoft Teams Rooms Devices technical sales capability with Partners (25%)
- Drive partner technical acceptance of and communicate technical merits for Microsoft Teams device solutions
- Deliver effective technical sales workshops, bootcamps, trainings necessary to build the skills and expertise of partners
- Provide enablement and technical assistance/escalation for Microsoft Teams devices to assiged resellers and their partners
- Join the Strategic Technology Advisory/Planning groups of partners they advise, contributing insights that influence technology roadmaps and investments in favor of Microsoft and away from key competitors
- Drive the long-term technical strategy and engagement with partners as it relates to Microsoft Collaboration devices solutions
You will keep knowledge current and deliver deep insights back to the business (15%)
- Develop deep insight on technical sales blockers and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization effectively
- Continuously develop and expand technical sales, industry and solution/product knowledge
- Understand the collaboration sales and competitive landscape, build insights and lead discussion on challenges and solutions
- Obtain domain specific technology certifications to deepen expertise/effectiveness (e.g. Teams, Skype for Business, Voice & Networking)
- Experienced. 5+ years of related technical and/or partner sales with preference to voice, communication, collaboration & AV
- Partner Sales. 3-5 years of demonstrated ability to scale through partner sales in a partner led or partner co-sell motion
- Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and determination to compete effectively against skilled competition
- Collaborative. Work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales field, SIs, and OEM & channel sales partners
- Executive Presence. Effective engagement and influence with senior level business and technical executives
Technical Sales Leadership
- Technical depth. Enterprise-level Technical experience with design, configuration, migration and implementation of Office 365 Core (Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business) and voice products and services including Microsoft Teams Rooms and Skype for Business
- Teams Devices architect. Experience and ability to explain key solutions and architectures, including Teams Rooms Device solutions (across all GTM partners), applications (Voice Call Control, Audio/Video/Web Conferencing and Devices, CDR, E-911, Voice/Fax and Voicemail), Enterprise Interaction Management, Work Force Management, Sales Automation, Contact Centers (ACD, IVR, CRM), and Application Integration Services (TAPI, TSAPI, JTAPI, CSTA, Programmable APIs)
- Networking. Knowledge of TCP/IP networks (PSTN, Wireless, IP), switches, routers, firewalls and protocols (SRTP/RTCP, H.323, H.263/H.264, SIP, REST)
- Technical breadth. Enterprise-scale experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management; experience with Office 365 and Enterprise Mobility + Security applications & services, Windows 10, and Teams Rooms Devices; and competitive product knowledge (Cisco, Zoom)
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Certification in domain-specific technologies preferred (Voice, AV, Conferencing)
- Certification in the following technologies preferred: Skype for Business/Lync server, Teams/Skype for Business/Lync clients
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.