|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission. To learn more please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
The Device and Partner Sales (DPS) team plays a critical role in achieving this mission. We build and sell intelligent edge and intelligent cloud devices and solutions with partners, who include OEMs, device distribution channels, original design manufacturers, and Silicon providers. We work closely with our device ecosystem and internal business groups to enable partners to deliver amazing innovative experiences powered by Windows.
Opportunities in DPS are expansive because we span the entire product lifecycle -- from incubation, prototyping, and portfolio planning to the design-in, sell-in, and sell-through motions that help our partners touch consumers, students, and businesses. As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation, and contributing to our partnership engagements that build and launch devices and solutions worldwide. You will also be part of a people-first culture that supports a growth mindset, equality, and inclusion. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in DPS.
The Enterprise Business Architect role is an impactful role that sits at the intersection of Microsoft 365 & devices. This sales planning role will focus on the device market opportunity in the Enterprise segment and device integration into broader set of sales go-to-markets (e.g. Modern Workpalce) and sales plays (e.g. M365 & Devices). This role will also study key competitors carefully in order to build effective sales strategies that grow overall share for Windows devices in Enterprise.
You will have the opportunity to build and maintain extensive relationships across sales, marketing and engineering within Microsoft and externally with Microsoft largest OEM and channel sales partners.
You will own sales planning for devices within Microsoft’s overall Enterprise GTM (60%)
- Own sales strategy and planning for intelligent edge devices in Enterprise customer segment
- Drive integration of and influence for intelligent edge devices into select sales plays
- Sharpen competitive differentiated value proposition for intelligent edge devices vs. key competitors
- Build effective working relationships within and on behalf of DPS with key stakeholder groups (WCB, GSMO, Marketing, Engineering)
You will lead landing efforts within DPS, broadly within Microsoft internally and externally with select partners (25%)
- Support DPSS regional sales teams with strong community based approach (build others capability)
- Deliver effective regional sales workshops, bootcamps, trainings necessary to build organizational skills & expertise
- Partner closely with DPS OEM account teams to align on partner engagement related to Enterprise goals
You will keep knowledge current and deliver deep insights back to the business (15%)
- Direct engagement in large competitive deals to cultivate learnings and drive lighthouse wins
- Develop strong relationship with select OEM and channel partners to share / listen / learn on Enterprise trends/opportunities/risks
- Develop deep insight on sales blockers and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization effectively
- Understand the device sales competitive landscape, build insights and lead thinking on solutions to key challenges
- Experienced. 5+ years of related Enterprise sales experience with preference to cloud services
- Partner Sales. 3-5 years of demonstrated ability to scale through partner sales in a partner led or partner co-sell motion
- Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and determination to compete effectively against skilled competition
- Collaborative. Work effectively across wide variety of internal partner groups across sales and marketing
- Executive Presence. Effective engagement and demonstrated influence at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field (or equivalent experience)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.