|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to work on the business that will drive the next decade of growth at Microsoft? Are you customer and partner obsessed and
interested in helping Microsoft’s managed customers (both Commercial and Regulated Industries) move to and succeed in the cloud? Are you
ready to own a customer acquisition strategy and scorecard for a multi-billion-dollar business that is critical to the future of Microsoft?
This is a critical time in the Cloud Platform market to take and retain market share through new customer acquisition. Customers are all considering their cloud-platform, infrastructure, data and application strategy, and we have the unique opportunity to work with our Field
Sales organization and Partners to help them migrate customers to Azure. In this role you will be working closely with the Microsoft Specialist
Sales organization (STU), our Account Teams (ATU), SI, ISV and MSP partners, Azure Product teams, and OCP channel development team. In this role you also lead the success of the Azure Customer Add subsidiary scorecard metric for the US.
The ACAa(Azure Customer Add) Azure PMM leads the field business and manages holistic motions that drive net new customer adds and customer retention. This
role will also own the scorecard metric and senior leadership report out for Azure Customer Adds in the United States.
- Leading the Customer acquisition strategy, scorecard and senior leadership report-out for the Azure business in partnership with
other business owners (Partner, Field, Marketing)
- Empower Customers to Migrate & Innovate apps to the cloud and enable them to build skills and govern their cloud journey to drive new workload and opportunity penetration underpenetrated and at risk accounts, driving additional Azure Consumed Revenue (ACR) and customer wins
- Ready and activate Partners and sellers, to drive to-customer messaging through our sales channels
- Drive business outcomes by executing local Azure Go-To-Market plan to exceed business targets The PMM is required to have a strong understanding of Azure including how Microsoft sells, deploys and helps Partners to build upon the platform, and how customers can leverage the platform to solve their business needs.
The ACA PMM should have a deep understanding of customer solutions and strategies and end-to-end market ecosystem, and strong ability to represent their business in an analytical and insightful way to a senior executive audience.
Own and Land Your Propositions
- Plan and execute activity that promotes Azure deployment and usage within customers that are currently underutilizing the Azure platform or are a retention risk.
- Understand and evaluate opportunities for investment within accounts (such as ECIF funds, Azure Credits, Programmatic offers) and
work with sellers and partners to deploy these investments into net new projects that drive Azure Consumption and customer wins.
- Act as the voice of the field by evaluating the issues and experiences of customers, and surfacing learning back into the Azure business
group to help drive informed strategies that serve customer requirements.
- Own the strategic insights and business updates as the scorecard owner for the US Azure Customer Adds metric, reporting to senior
leadership on the state of the business, and strategic plan implementation as part of a regular cadence of reviews and updates
- Own the local product marketing strategy across field, partner, and direct to customer marketing, to drive net new Azure consumption
and customer wins at scale.
- Orchestrate the creation of local Azure GTM plans and investment decisions. Lead targeting for local market-owned activities, partner with segment/channel teams to prioritize investment decisions for non-product-marketing owned activities.
- Develop competitive strategies to drive target market share gains. Respond to new market, product, strategy dynamics Business Outcomes
- Drive net new customer adds. Reduce number of Azure customers lost to churn or competition. . . .Drive deployment of investment funds. Increase customer and partner satisfaction by helping customers realize value from their Microsoft investments.
.Support and own achievement of the US Subsidiary Azure Customer Adds scorecard metric.
- Actively lead and engage with all stakeholders across the subsidiary for One Microsoft orchestration across sales, partner, marketing, and services
- Determine key insights and asks to accelerate adoption of Azure services, qualify inhibitors (with recommendations). Influence change at the US and Corporate level. Best Practice identification and sharing both within the US and across other subsidiaries to scale successful performance.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
Skills & Knowledge
- 5+ years experience with customer acquisition, as is direct (managed) customer or partner experience in the US
- Evangelist and subject matter expert for Microsoft Azure/Cloud.
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communicator
- Track record of strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Preferred understanding of field sales model; sales experience a plus
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) required, MSC/MBA a plus, relevant fields of study include Marketing, Business,
Computer Science and/or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.