|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a marketer with a love of games and modern marketing? The Xbox Global Marketing Team is seeking a Director of Partnerships, working to align our brand and products with the strongest and most relevant companies in the world. The role is first to lead a great team of Xbox marketers, as well as great agency team. The charter is to partner with strategic and top brands across branded and lifestyle categories to help bring added cultural relevancy to our games, hardware, and services brands.
Xbox is a top 10 consumer brand in the world. And as a leader, and thought leader, in gaming we have more opportunity than ever to develop new, long-term marketing Partnerships. We are building on the programs we have developed over the years, and excited as creative mavericks to create innovative ways to collaborate with our partners ahead.
The role spans partnerships across Branded partnerships, across a deep network of Lifestyle influencers, as well as across Pop-Culture moments.
The role sits within Xbox Global Marketing, on campus at Microsoft in Redmond, WA. It’s focus is Global in nature, with a particular focus on executing programs in the US.
Lead a great team:
- Oversee 2 direct reports, 2 vendor partners, and key agency teams
- Work closely with Xbox Marketing Leads around the world to help them deliver dynamic Partnership programs
- Be a great, inspired and effective leader of the group and discipline
- Represent Team Xbox with partners and then also be able to represent those Partners and programs internally amongst our global marketing team.
Develop strategic, long-term business partnerships:
- The role is in the business of relationships. Apply strategic category analysis, develop partner relationships, program planning, business ROI, marketing effectiveness, creative solutions, and year-over-year impact and growth
- Categories span: (1) Branded Partnerships across Packaged Goods, QSR, Consumer Electronics, Fashion, and more. (2) Lifestyle Partnerships with influencers across Film, Sports, Music, Entertainment, Gaming, and more. (3) Activation within Pop-culture moments across Sports, Music, Entertainment, and Cultural events
- Be an active part of the Xbox brand marketing leadership team contributing ideas, strategies and impact across the group and business.
PARTICULAR AREAS OF INTEREST
- Experience in Entertainment marketing including Gaming, Film, Sports, and Music
- Experience with Game industry specific ties to product, including in-game Content, gaming specific Prizing, Licensed Product Partnerships, and developing game-inspired Custom Content. Important to have deep experience working with Gaming or Entertainment IP.
- Experience in Charitable Partnerships and driving social good broadly
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Must be a strong leader in support of the Team and Agencies
- Deep experience in Partnership-oriented marketing fundamentals: Advertising, Promotions, Original Content, Integrated Program Development across Packaging, In-Store, Digital, and Social Marketing
- Deep knowledge of evolving Trends, developing Brands, and leading Charitable organizations
- Proven abilities to think Strategically and Quantitatively across the business
- Proven abilities in Marketing positioning, Brand development, and Creative campaigns
- Must be nimble enough to negotiate with multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills while working with all levels within the company
- A strong drive for results, with a proven track record, often delivering under tight deadlines
- Budget management experience and the ability to manage large scale investments across multiple lines of business and timelines.
- Ability to creatively resolve issues and adapt under business constraints of resources, budgets, and timelines
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.