|Job Type:||Full Time|
C+E is developing some of Microsoft’s largest scale, most business-critical cloud services. These services have a huge global footprint of over 240 markets and process millions of transactions daily, with loads growing rapidly as Microsoft moves to a fully cloud-powered services and devices company. That platform powers all of Microsoft’s key businesses – Azure, Office 365, XBOX, Windows App Store to name just a few. The platform also powers the licensing business for millions of customers, enterprises and companies, large and small, enabling them to use Microsoft software and services across cloud, on-premises, and hybrid scenarios. Whether renting a movie or buying a game on Xbox LIVE, purchasing an app on a Windows, signing up for an Office 365 subscription or paying for Azure services, you are using the Core Commerce Platform.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineering Lead for our Platform Engineering team with a focus on enabling Commerce teams to adopt AKS/Kubernetes and containers to meet Commerce reliability and scalability targets. You need to have a customer-first mindset, and experience and passion for creating and managing shared engineering systems, services and processes. Must have architectural and hands-on skills to build durable platforms, the ability to attract, hire, mentor and grow a team of talented engineers, the agility to work on a broad range of features, the ability to traverse fluidly from details to strategy, the commitment to be a great partner to teams across the organization and company, and the desire to transform the way we engineer our products and services.
This role will require cross-group collaboration and a demonstrated ability to influence across a large organization and its organizational hierarchy. This is a critical role for our team and we’re looking for a great software engineering lead who is excited about an opportunity to design, implement and influence the Commerce platform and tools, and improve the experiences for the Commerce’s customers.
- Focus on reliable and scalable end-to-end customer experiences.
- Lead, hire, mentor and growing a team of talented engineers.
- Design and build the systems, components, tools and processes to enable Commerce teams to easily onboard to Kubernetes. Enable monitoring, reporting, and improve the reliability of the Commerce services and customer experiences.
- Exhibit technical leadership throughout the broader Commerce organization.
- Proven experience with cloud services and technologies including compute, storage, caching, monitoring and telemetry solutions.
- Proven track record of shipping scalable and reliable services/systems
- Hands-on knowledge in at least one of: C#, C++, or Java.
- 7+ years demonstrated experience in designing and developing enterprise-level internet scale services/solutions.
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation and communicate technical ideas
- Collaboration skills with demonstrated ability to lead and influence across matrixed organizations
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.