|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We have a unique capability to harmonize the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you share and build on other’s ideas, because we are better together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation?
Then come to Microsoft - Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
The reinvention of business process represents a bold bet for Microsoft in accelerating our growth in commercial cloud services. The mission of Dynamics 365 is to help our customer digitally transform their businesses to drive new sources of revenue, create new and engaging ways to serve their customers, and to transform the way in which their business runs to drive new levels of profitability for their organization.
As a Microsoft Business Applications Technical Specialist Manager, you will develop, manage, and lead a high-performing team of 30+ global blackbelt technical sales managers and technical specialists to become valuable business development professionals responsible for effective deal engagement and execution. You and your team will drive technical decisions with the field sellers and at the customer helping them achieve business value with Microsoft Business Applications; Dynamics 365, Platform and Insights, and thereby secure long-term sustainable growth for Microsoft.
- Be a source of continuous innovation leveraging Microsoft technology to drive modernization in the business
- Set strategic direction and manage the execution for how we engage, sell and drive digital transformation from a technical pre-sales perspective
- Build strong relationships with senior technical leaders in product engineering to help influence product strategy and customer outcomes.
- Build relationships, engage and present to C-suite customers on key opportunities to help secure their technical decision and preference for Microsoft solutions.
- Set role accountabilities and revenue-based incentive plans, org design and change management efforts for the global blackbelt technical organization
- Collaborate with the worldwide Business Applications technical field community to help drive best practices, increase technical capability, and enable the WW technical communities to be more successful.
- Identify key blockers & drive transformation in our technical sales organizations for all cloud products, leading with Business Applications.
- Partner with Business Applications Strategy, Product Marketing and Engineering to ensure programs and initiatives are packaged in a way they get consumed by the technical field. Ensure content and tools are relevant and effective.
- Partner with global blackbelt Senior Sales Director and business value Senior Director to align team and sales process across roles.
- Promote Catalyst technical sales best practices across the entire global blackbelt technical specialist team.
- Simplify and target communications to appropriate technical audiences in a predictable cadence and in an engaging, easy-to-consume format.
- Curates best practices with all field stakeholders through direct engagement both in customer meetings and via planned events and rhythms.
- Work with the Microsoft field sales and customer success teams on technical customer escalations to accelerate consumption for strategic customers.
- Maintain a network of relationships across the industry with partners, potential partners, competitors and thought leaders. Leverage relationships in opportunity identification and transaction execution.
- Attract the best technical sales talent from the market, develop talent, and work with individuals on building a career plan.
- Assist the Americas global blackbelt Business Applications Technical Sales Managers with career development, setting work priorities, providing clarity around performance expectations and provide opportunities to work on projects that leverage their skills, experience and passions.
- Ability to drive and influence Stakeholder across organizational boundaries through extremely strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, envisioning, writing, and verbal communication skills
- 7+ years of experience working with Dynamics 365 Solutions, Power Platform, or similar CRM and ERP cloud-based business applications.
- 7+ years of enterprise customer experience in technical sales including the following: solutions sales strategy and execution, technical requirements discovery, envisioning workshop, and technical close plans.
- 5+ years of experience in a large enterprise environment leading, managing, and building high performing customer facing technical teams and managing managers.
- Senior technical sales and presales leadership
- Proven technical leader of multi-million-dollar business application deals requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry, and solution team members.
- Documented track record of leadership, team development, and business success.
- Solution/sales engineer for a CRM, ERP, HCM or SaaS-based company or similar technology
- Experience driving technical sales processes including pre-sales, POCs, project management.
- Successful track record of implementing end-to-end complex business apps and solutions.
- Running a Profit & Loss, with a discipline and rigor to the management of the business
- Proven experience engaging with senior level executives
- Work cohesively with members of the Microsoft Sales & Services Field, Microsoft Partners, and Microsoft Engineering and Marketing or related enterprise customer -facing organizations
- Successful track record of competitive displacement
- Strong experience leading and executing on Digital Transformation Technology Visions.
- Sales Management – previous business applications (ERP and/or CRM) solution selling experience leading teams of solution or technical sellers with sales quotas/targets
- Turning around poor performing opportunities and/or sales teams
- Documented track record of leadership, team development, and business success.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related discipline, or in Business Administration preferred
- Master's degree preferred.
- Proven track record in either sales, sales management, complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Holden, Krauthammer, etc.), sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling preferred.
- Additional training or education in Enterprise Architecture preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.