|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Are you passionate about using technology to solve some of the toughest problems facing the organizations? Do you value the deployment of solutions into production with real world impact? Are you obsessive about the quality and consistency of the work you do in leading teams to deliver value and meeting the mission of our customers?
If so, the Project Manager position at the Microsoft is for you! This role will be part of Microsoft’s US Delivery Center (USDC), located in Las Colinas, Texas. The USDC is focused on bringing our industrialized consulting services to US Public Sector and Commercial customers in regulated industries, with stringent data security and US citizenship requirements. Our goal is to help our customers transition to cloud in a cost effective and scalable manner.
Part leader, part mentor, and part consultant, our team of Project Managers comprises an unusual mix of project management and consulting skills with a passion for technical innovation. We are responsible for keeping the project team working on the highest priority tasks, removing risks and impediments, and leading the communication with the end customer. As a trusted advisor to our customers, you will be responsible for the successful execution of one or more projects at a time, providing guidance, coaching, and project leadership. By mentoring and influencing, you will drive the highest quality and the strongest sense of customer focus on each project.
The Project Manager is responsible for engagement execution within a formal Statement of Work (SOW) to drive predictable behaviors in terms of project process and outcomes (accomplished on time, on budget, and according to customer specifications). The Project Manager supports the account strategy in the areas of ensuring delivery engagement quality and achieving high customer satisfaction. Responsibilities include:
- Delivers engagements within the constraints of schedule, features/functionality, and budget.
- Manages the end-to-end delivery of an integrated solution usually composed of products, services, or a formalized solution offering
- Establishes a strategy of continuous risk management that enables proactive decisions and actions throughout the project life cycle and create an environment to support it where the project team has visible, measurable, and repeatable processes for managing these risks
- Executes established (as mutually agreed to) policies and procedures for the project, e.g. quality assurance, team reference guide, communication plan, and setting up the environment.
- Manages (as mutually agreed) Microsoft resources, partners and/or customer resources and materials (equipment, supplies, stock, or consumable/perishable items) used to complete tasks in a project.
- Maintains the Master Project Plan, the Communication Plan (communications within the team and between the team and external entities), and the Master Project Schedule.
- Monitors project health relative to resources (people and optionally funding/cost), schedule (time), and features (the solution and its quality) as specified by the established project protocol.
- Reconciles actual versus planned performance, analyzes variances, evaluates possible alternatives and takes appropriate corrective actions (control) as specified by the established project protocol.
- Collects, reviews and publishes project status reports for resources (people and optionally funding/cost), schedule (time), stakeholder management, and features (the solution and its quality) that influence project performance and completion.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
- Customer obsessed with strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at all levels, including executive-level
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with others; recognizes different values and styles, and respects others' unique characteristics or strengths.
- Action-oriented, strong understanding of and ability to articulate customer’s sense of urgency
- Acts confidently in uncertain circumstances; works effectively in ambiguous situations
- 3+ years of project management experience including financial management, planning, scheduling, reporting, resource management, communications, risk management, dependencies, scope, time, quality, and budget.
- Passion for technology: experience in either Microsoft infrastructure, Microsoft cloud, Microsoft Security, Office365, or Microsoft Productivity solution implementations is a plus.
- Ability to think strategically, work effectively in ambiguous situations and respond favorably to change, execute effectively, work under deadline pressure and manage multiple projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a strong history of building effective interpersonal relationships.
- Refined presentation skills and ability to communicate with a variety of different audiences.
- Ability to work with diverse cultures and customers
- PMP or CAPM Certification (preferred) or willingness to complete it within your first year of employment
- Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies
- Experience working with the Federal government or other regulated industries and their technologies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.