|Job Type:||Full Time|
The security threat landscape is always changing. Customers are looking for signals and insights to help make sense of it all. This is why we are in security. This is your opportunity to make a difference across billions of endpoints and help customers better prepare for the risk. Our team is looking for a senior program manager to drive and help mature our threat intelligence research.
This role will own end-to-end program management for our threat intelligence platform. The work will include closely working with developers, threat analysts, hunters, content teams, and other program managers to hone our views so that the most timely and relevant threat insights can make it into customers’ hands. Internally, you will help transform the platform into a clearing house where partners, executives, and the team can consume the latest threat insights. You will play a pivot role in focusing the team’s research through data analytics, customer telemetry, and security insights. A key part of that will be working with business owners on objectives and key results. Your insights into the rhythm of business will help the team see threats in a new way and drive even better results for our customers. You will be a vital part of a threat intelligence producing team.
The right candidate for this role will possess demonstrated ability to command large data sets, desire to own a critical path platform, and the drive to find new ways to protect customers. The program manager will be responsible for executing the rhythm of business, end-to-end ownership of the threat intelligence platform, and identifying directions (priorities) for the team to engage. Engaging with customers and supporting sales will be a part of this role.
- Drive the development lifecycle of the threat intelligence platform
- Understand and develop user workflows for gaining threat insights
- Work closely with threat insight producers on requirements and workflow improvements
- Research and propose strategic research directions based on signals
- Create and monitor objectives and key results that help prioritize research and customer impact
- Drive the rhythm of business for publication of customer insights
- Drive research insights into product features delivering customer value
- Create and deliver customer facing content that supports their security needs
- Work independently to provide structure and insights to the team
- Fostering a strong working relationship with development, design, content, marketing, and business development to drive consensus and process improvement
- 3+ years of industry experience in technical program management
- Skilled in organizing information, breaking down complex problems, and working effectively in situations involving uncertainty
- 2+ years of professional experience in security
Preferred Skillsets and Experience
- Excellent communication skills with an eye for detail and the ability to articulate business needs in cross-group and partner scenarios
- Data analytics background
- Familiarity with working with large data sets and producing clear insights and reports
- A desire to learn, grown, and drive change
- Experience in security research, incident response, and attacker tradecraft
- You must have a strong record of accomplishment of delivering results despite ambiguity, attention to detail, and the ability to collaborate across a large organization, influencing many functions and teams
- Strong project management skills and experience that includes managing many unique and diverse projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal awareness
- A solid understanding of Microsoft organizations, technologies and products, especially as they relate to security, will ensure a quick start
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.