|Job Type:||Full Time|
OneDrive For Business/SharePoint Online is looking for a Principal Software Engineer who is passionate about creating and improving highly performant and secure collaboration experiences. In this role you will be working to drive innovation in sharing and collaboration experiences for OneDrive For Business and SharePoint Online including driving integration across internal partners like Outlook and Teams.
OneDrive For Business/SharePoint Online is a rapidly growing service at the center of Microsoft's cloud, reaching almost every part of the company. We are a diverse team of developers, creatives, data scientists and program managers delivering a full spectrum of software and services from incubation and envisioning through to software development, customer delivery and service operations.
You will be responsible for making major additions and improvements in a world-wide collaboration service. Specific responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain code ranging from front end and middle tier APIs to back end services and data structures.
- Provide technical leadership and contribute to determining technical direction.
- Drive implementation details for new feature work, debug issues, and implement quality and performance fixes.
- Collaborate with project managers, data scientists, designers, and other engineers to gather requirements and inform your feature designs.
- Help the team follow best practices for software development and testing.
- Work within and across teams to resolve technical conflicts and achieve consensus.
- 10+ years of software design and development experience
- 5+ years of experience shipping production services or client software
- 5+ years of C++ or C# experience
- A BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Passion for crafting elegant code
- Excellent debugging skills
- Highly self-motivated and independent
- Strong understanding of Git
- Ability to drive complex problems and reach consensus across teams
- Development or technical experience with SharePoint
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.