|Location:||Fairview, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Provides high level of support for Manufacturing Engineers and other Engineering Technicians. This position will primarily support the GFI, Wilmar, PRG and PSG lines on 1st shift, but could include working in other areas as needed.
- Accountable to engineers/teams for performance on schedule of assigned technical and/or documentation tasks.
- Participate in research; design, plan and conduct experiments; build prototypes and/or samples; plan and coordinate evaluation runs; test materials; monitor pilot runs as assigned by engineers/teams.
- Assist engineers in the design, development, and introduction of new processes.
- Design, establish, and analyze experiments in support of engineering or manufacturing operations.
- Develop manufacturing procedures, and illustrations.
- Work with teams to plan and collect data for problem solving or process improvements; assist in resolving problems.
- Prepare engineering reports.
- Support the Manufacturing Department in the day-to-day identification and resolution of production issues.
- Equipment troubleshooting and repair
- Projects, including cost and process improvements
- Will lead projects and provide technical guidance to other team members
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee
- Experience as a technician in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Troubleshooting skills/experience and mechanical knowledge
- Minimum 2-year technical degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-year experience with electrical wiring and testing
- Self-starter and willing to take ownership of issues/processes
- Computer skills, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required
- Experience with PCB manufacturing and electrical soldering required
- GD&T knowledge preferred
- Metal brazing experience preferred
- Electromechanical relay knowledge/experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups