|Job Type:||Full Time|
If the idea of developing rich data insights and building highly scalable services for our largest distributed platforms on Azure gets you excited, then this opportunity to build a world class set of services on Azure’s Data Platform is the right place for you to come and take on your next challenge.
Our team is working on building new platform capabilities for Governance, Data Cataloging and Data Sharing across the Azure stack. Our customer’s requirements push us to process petabytes of data without breaking a sweat. The amount of exhaust from a platform with that scale of processing is enormous, and the insights and scenarios that we want to enable on top of that raw data are endless. For our customers to maintain control and compliance over their data, we are making a big bet on building platform features that enable compliant Asset Management, complete with Discovery, Classification, Sharing, and Data Lineage tracking, to allow for better data-driven decisions to be made by the enterprises that stake their reputation on top of us. We need engineers who care deeply about our customers and want to build services in way that empowers our customers, while ensuring compliance and privacy, to help build strong trust.
We are not satisfied with the status quo. We want to go beyond the standard techniques that are typically used to deliver this kind of experience to Enterprise Cloud customers. We are looking for candidates who want to apply cutting edge ideas around machine learning, trend detection, outlier analysis, predictive models, and other advanced data mining techniques to deliver these insights in near real time. We also work closely with an applied research team that specializes in these techniques – a chance for you to productize cutting-edge algorithms and ideas from the research community.
We are looking for talented Engineers, who have strong track record of success and background in large scale distributed systems. Everyone on the team owns significant areas and directly contributes to the vision, direction, implementation, and ultimately the success of our products. You will collaborate on and negotiate your designs across our partner engineering teams and work closely with our PMs to design, build, and maintain an extensible set of features that will lay the foundation for our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry software engineering experience
- 3+ years of programming experience in Java OR C++ OR C# OR C OR object-oriented programming
- Experience building and shipping production grade software or services.
- Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Experience creating and shipping V1 products using modern development practices.
- Experience using agile methodologies or test-driven development (TDD).
- Experience with Big Data platforms and services, such as Spark, Kubernetes, Databricks
- Experience with Azure Data platforms and services, such as Azure SQL DB, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, etc
- Great curiosity and willingness to question.
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
- Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner.
- Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes.
- Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems.
- Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.