|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you enthusiastic about privacy? Do you want to make a measurable impact to Gaming products and services that exceed our customer’s needs?
The Xbox Product Services (XPS) organization is looking for a Senior Technical Privacy PM to help drive strategic privacy initiatives and data management for the entire Gaming organization.
XPS works across the entire Gaming business at Microsoft to demonstrate empathy and make customers happy. We strive to deliver extraordinary experiences while enabling customers to control their personal data. As technology becomes more embedded in our lives, customers want to understand how and why their data is collected and used, and they want to be able to make appropriate choices. We build trust with our customers through transparency and choice. We do this by driving privacy data governance and focusing on promoting clarity and customer choice over how data is used to power our gaming ecosystem.
The Senior Technical Privacy PM will focus on data collection, management, and use best practices across Gaming. Desirable candidates should have a natural aptitude for communicating at high levels, assess engineering impact, and address implementation challenges that arise from policy decisions. As well as be detail-oriented with implementation and data management conversations. This person will welcome change and thrive on teams that constantly adapt and evolve to meet the everchanging regulatory landscape of our complex business. If this sounds like you, this may be a great fit!
- Drive strategic horizontal privacy initiatives that advance the ability of the Gaming organization to manage data privacy requirements
- Understand the business priorities and strategies when it comes to the collection and use of data to enable privacy compliance
- Define technical specifications to contribute to architectural designs
- Identify, leverage, and evangelize opportunities to improve data management
- Convey complex legal concepts and requirements to engineering in ways that resonate with them
- Work closely with Microsoft legal teams and partners to serve as the voice of the customer to the business on matters related to privacy
- Manage key results and OKR’s
- 5+ years’ experience in Project Management, Program Management, Feature PM or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in relational and non-relational database technologies (SQL, Kusto, Cosmos, Azure Data Lake)
- 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas or combination thereof: Compliance, Privacy, Risk Management, Incident Management, Security or Legal Support
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Development, Software Development Management, or equivalent
- Ability to show progress in the face of high levels of ambiguity
- Strong track record of managing technical projects across multiple engineering teams, working with various stakeholders, to deliver consistent high-quality results.
Other helpful skills for this position include:
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred
- Experience or familiarity with Microsoft Technologies
- Experience managing security or privacy related engineering programs (CIPT certification a plus)
- Experience defining and owning relevant performance metrics for programs, tracking and reporting to ensure quality delivery through the use of automated tools such as powerBI
- Experience with programs that include legal and engineering requirements