|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about great user experience? Do you want to accelerate user experience excellence for Microsoft Azure?
The Azure portal is a unified management experience, targeted toward developers and IT professionals and includes support for application and resource management, deployment, health monitoring, billing, and everything in between. The Azure Portal provides a core experience and is extended by more than one hundred partner teams to deliver experiences that are critical to Microsoft Azure's success.
The Azure portal team is looking for a program manager to work across engineering, design, research, marketing, and multiple Azure services to improve the Azure portal experience. You would be building new experiences to enable new customer scenarios as well as optimizing existing ones.
To succeed in this role, you should have strong technical and analytical skills, excellent cross-group collaboration skills, and a passion for customers. You should also have a strong track record of delivery in a services environment. Finally, we’re looking for team players with a can-do approach.
You can try the Azure portal https://portal.azure.com/ and read about some of our recent improvements here https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/tag/azure-portal/
- Develop a deep understanding of how customers use the Azure portal
- Identify areas of the Azure portal that can be optimized to drive business outcomes
- Work with a dedicated engineering team to implement user experience updates
- Drive cross team technical issues and customer experiences
- Ensure solutions meet the team KPIs and delight our customers
- 2+ years of technical program management experience shipping products/services, working in a Technical Product Manager, Engineering Program Manager or similar capacity
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline OR equivalent industry experience
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to lead and motivate a high-energy team
- Strong technical background and solid foundation in software engineering principles
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Hands-on skills designing and delivering great user experiences
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.