|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Modern Life & Devices Team defines the customer vision, product value proposition, business plans and go-to-market strategy for the Microsoft Modern Life and Devices business. As one of the company’s largest multi-billion-dollar revenue businesses, the area includes the Windows platform and ecosystem, the Microsoft Surface device portfolio, Office 365 consumer services, Outlook,Edge, Teams,and search efforts with Bing.
The role oftheSr. Product Managerwill be defining and articulatingtarget audiences, customer needs,product positioning,value propositions, andkey messages and experiencesforboth Surface BookandSurface Go. This role servesboth our consumer and commercial audiences.The role will focus ondriving desire and demand by building compelling productpositioning, messaging and storytelling documentschampioning yourproducts throughworld class product launches and keyconsumer andcommercial beats.
You’ll be in an exciting role partnering with engineering,PR,Marketing Communications,Sales,Category Management,MicrosoftStoresand peers in the GTM orgtowork withyoutobuildcompellingproductframeworks that align to business strategyand drive demand for your products.Delivering success includesincreasingawareness,considerationand demandforyour Surface products.
You should thrive in a culture of creativity, enjoy creating clarity from ambiguity, and be energized by taking on new challenges. You need to haveprovenskills working across teams,strong business acumen, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and a passion forstorytelling. Knowledge ofdigital marketing platformsand audienceresearch is a plus.
- Partner with engineering to gain a deep understand of product benefits, features and scenarios and maintain ongoing relationship with engineering to ensure alignment ofproduct positioning in marketplace
- Partner withconsumer and commercialbusiness leads to develop scenarios, messaging and positioning that help land offersandattach motions
- Develop product positioning and messaging forbothSurface Book andSurface Go.
- Partner withengineering and ourresearchteamto understand key audiences foreachproduct and develop insight-based scenarios and vision documents based on this data
- Create compelling and easy to understandnarrativesthatconvey our vision for the market, product strategy, features, benefits and more
- Create compelling product demos andthat inspire partners, agencies and internal teams to develop marketingassets that will drive demandandattachmentfor your products
- Partner withintegrated marketing, PR,readiness, sales and partner organization (eg;Modern Workplace)todevelop and executeproduct frameworksto meet business goals
- Work with engineering teams and external partners to ensure we’re building a portfolio of products that support our business and go-to-market objectives.
- 5-7years of marketing experience working onhardwareor technologybrands(inproductmarketing, partnerships, or program/project management)
- Be able to think creatively about customer/business problems and generate innovative solutions and energy throughstorytelling
- A profound sense of accountability is absolutely required alongside the ability to influence, inspire internal and external teams and organizations.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and working across complexorganizations
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and project/program management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player with a positive work ethic
- Passion for devices with an understanding of Microsoft products and organization
- Must be solution-oriented with excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-pacedenvironment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.