|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in transforming the digital live events experiences across industries globally? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, customer obsessed, and innovative environment? Do you have the passion to build large scale products and platforms that serve customers in the media and video space? If so, this is the opportunity for you!
We are the Intelligent Cloud Communication and Collaboration (IC3) team in Microsoft and our platform powers Microsoft Teams collaboration experiences. The Live Events platform team in IC3 is chartered to build the best-in-class live events products and platforms to serve 1P (through MS Teams) and 3P customers. We are looking to drive new vectors of growth for the Live Events space in the 1P and 3P space and are looking for this leader to focus on cross-product opportunities and partnerships and identify, nurture, and champion an emerging set of strategic growth bets that stretch across traditional product boundaries. The teams charter will include both specific, project-based growth opportunities as well as an evergreen focus on looking external to Microsoft to identify partnership and extensibility opportunities more broadly including 3P offerings.
As a key member of our mission-focused, multi-disciplinary team, you will:
- Proactively identify, define, and champion new growth opportunities for Live Events based on market/TAM, competitive, and customer insights
- Develop opportunity sizing for the Live Events product offerings by partnering with internal teams in Microsoft as well as external market research.
- Create strategy framework and content for high profile forums including the Board of Directors, the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), Leadership Summit, and more
- Build trusted advisor relationships with and partner closely with individual engineering leaders from across E+D in defining mid- and long-term strategy for Live Events
- Drive key strategy projects and orchestrate workstreams across E+D and our partners; own overall efforts, including project plans, recommendations, impact, and driving alignment between leaders and commitment to deliver between individual product organizations
- Identify, seek out, and develop opportunities for commercial partnerships or M&A opportunities for Live Events
Required / minimum qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, strategic consulting, investment banking, economics, finance, business planning, and/or equivalent experience (e.g., scaling a business, driving change in a large company)
- Demonstrated project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills through all levels of the organization
Additional or preferred qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration/related field and/or Engineering degree or equivalent with a strong academic background
- Desire to operate at the intersection of technology and business, spearheading organizational, operational, and technological change
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven, problem-solving orientation with ability to leverage both quantitative and qualitative analyses to drive decision making
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner
- Exceptionally strong personal initiative, good business instincts, and comfort with ambiguity
- Deep understanding of software and business technology markets, trends, and dynamics
- Demonstrated ability to excel in an innovative, startup-like, fast-paced environment, with rapid exploration and ability to execute
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous high-priority projects (often including project management of cross-functional v-teams)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.