|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cloud Supply Chain and Provisioning (CSCP) deliversserver, storage, and networkinfrastructure around the world to meet the dramatical growing demand of Microsoft’sCloud businesses.Our focus is on delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide with high predictability andefficiency. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build out our Cloudatscale in a dynamicandfast paced environment.
With an engineering program management and process improvement mindset, this specific role will be focused on ensuring execution of deploymentsto enable key customer or business commitments, enabling operationaleffectiveness, drivingdeep process re-engineering/analytical insights,and on driving engineering automation improvementsin partnership with engineering partners.
- As part of the First Instance Deployment Team,own and leadFirst FootprintStamp(FFPS)deploymentsfor assigned new Data Centers, Availability Zone Expansions, and New Regions,working closely with ourcomplex partner ecosystem, andensuring seamless executionand high quality delivery.
- Ensurewe meet or exceedourtime-to-market targetsforColo Ready to FFPS Readinesscycle time,while alsotightlymanagingother critical KPIs.
- Help enhance ourmonitoring capabilitythrough use and further development of our reports anddashboards through Microsoft based tools (e.g. Power BI).
- Championincident and program managementpractices and tools, driving deep analysis of deployment progress and blockers, and enabling managing by exception.
- Conductdatadrivenroot causeanalysisfocused onour primarysuccessmetric andsupportingKPIstoidentify improvementopportunities andrecommend process changes.
- Lead specificimprovement projectsfollowing a Scrum/Agile deliver model,to streamline processes and automate tasks, landing measurable impact.
- Identifydigitization opportunitiesthat helps reduce toil,control risk, and enables fastertime-to-marker performance.Build engineering roadmaps, and where needed,providehandson supportas a PMfor buildinginnovative solutions.
- ProvideEngineering teamswith epics/scenarios/business use cases and justifications based on business impact measures.
- Foster a deepcollaborative relationshipand win-win execution models with key partners including Capacity Planning, Supply Chain Operations, Data Center planning/delivery, Data Center Operations, Azure Networking, Azure Compute and various Engineering teams.
- 8+ years industry experience inenterprise process engineering in complexcross functionalmatrixed environments,engineering program management, andInfrastructure deploymentoperations.
- BSor MSin Engineering or Computer Science. MBAor a degree in Supply Chainin addition to that would be a big plus.
- Lean Six Sigma BB certificationis preferred.
- Exceptional cross-team skills.
- Demonstrated technical problem solving and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with rapidly changing requirements.
- Understanding of process engineering andoptimization, including gathering, analyzing, and defining business and functional requirements; creating global metrics, trend charts and other decision-making tools.
- Strong written/oral communication skills required along with desire to communicate withpartners andbusiness leaders.
- Well versed in project management methodologies, approaches and toolswith experience in leading teams in an Agile/Scrum environmentleveraging Azure DevOps.
- Data analysis/presentation: SQL and Power BI or equivalent experience.
- Experience in data drive root cause analysisand problem solvingpractices,being comfortable to tell data based stories that led us to well grounded solutions.
- Experiencein deployment of high-performance, highly available, large scale distributeddata center infrastructure.
- Multi-faceted experience applying Supply Chain principles: Forecasting, Planning, Procurement, Manufacturing, Distribution.
- Proven track record of partnering with software engineering teams to drivelarge scale automation and digitization effortsthat cover all the phases ofrequirements, design and delivery of enterprise solution/platform capabilities.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.