|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure App Plat team is tasked with creating services and tools to make developers successful building, deploying, and managing cloud native applications on Azure. More and more, developers want to write code and hand it over to “just run” in the cloud. This trend is becoming more prevalent as customers who have moved to the cloud are looking for infrastructural operators to take on more of the management. This team is responsible for core offerings like Azure Container Instances, Azure Functions, Azure App Services, and Service Fabric as well as open source projects like Helm, the Open Service Broker for Azure, and Virtual Kubelet.
Are you interested in building and operating innovative microservices and container services for developers? Want to design products that push the boundaries of serverless technology? We are looking for a program manager to own parts of technical roadmap and product execution of our serverless container story via Azure Container Instances. The software and services you deliver will empower developers across the globe to deliver cloud native applications in an open and portable way.
As a PM in charge of a generally available Azure service, you will be responsible for interfacing with internal and external customers, driving the product roadmap and feature backlog, and delivering on a set of business targets including revenue growth and/or margin improvements.
- Define and communicate the product strategy and feature roadmap.
- Engage with external customers to understand their scenarios, pain points, and product feedback, being the “voice of the customer” within product engineering team.
- Partner with engineering to design and ship feature to enable new or improve existing customer scenarios.
- Define and measure business impact.
- Maintain expertise on competing and alternative cloud platform offerings for building cloud native applications.
- 6+ years of program management (or equivalent) experience, focused on building cloud services.
- 3+ years’ experience driving complex cross-organizational projects.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
- Familiarity with Azure cloud platform, cloud computing, and Linux-based solutions.
- Familiarity with container technology
- Strong leadership and communication skills, analytical thinking and decision making, customer focus/empathy, and business/strategic acumen.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.