|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in driving innovation in health? Microsoft Healthcare is part of our Artificial Intelligence and Research team focused on developing incubation technology for Azure customers working with health data. This unique role helps develop the architecture and solutions for Microsoft’s customers and enable them to leverage Azure for their digital healthcare data.
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer/architect to drive the incubation and development of solutions that supports management of digital health data in the cloud. The right candidate for this position will be comfortable in a start-up environment, ready to take on multiple responsibilities, and adept at organizing and leading others around an ambitious goal. Deep understanding of cloud technology, outstanding communication skills, and bias for action are critical for success in this role.
This is a technical, customer facing role, that will help identify, architect and assist customers with critical digital healthcare data and AI opportunities. AE’s own the technical expertise and engagement including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concept. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment.
- Understand customer's overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft, 3rd party, and Open Source solutions)
- Apply deep technical knowledge and customer insights to create a data modernization conceptual design and architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, orchestrating key resources and infusing key Big Data technologies and Advance Analytics solutions (e.g. Data Mining, Spark, Akka, Scala, Python, Kafka, etc.)
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the technical community
- Be a ‘Voice of the Customer’ to share insights and best practices, connect with the engineering team to remove key blockers
- Be an OSS evangelist on Azure platform with customers, partners and external communities
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
- Apply your knowledge and experience to help educate & upskill our field teams, helping them with our healthcare solutions/technologies
- Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge as well as depth in the following areas: Commercial and Open Source on-prem and in cloud: Cloud architecture, Database architecture, ETL, Security, Data Protection and Data Governance
- 5+ years of developing software solutions/examples with demonstrated experience with building for large systems that are production ready
- 2+ years of experience with proven track record of architecting and developing cloud solutions
- 1+ years of experience with proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives to BDM to developers
- 2+ years of experience with demonstrated ability to adapt to new data technologies and learn quickly to enable migrating or transforming legacy customer solution to cloud-based platform as a service
- 1+ years of experience working with health, pharma or life science solutions
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and blockers with creative problem-solving and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Data Scientists and Developers)
- Strong communication skills and able to multitask
- Prior work experience in healthcare IT or customizing and/or extending healthcare software such as Epic, Cerner, AllScripts, MediTech.
- Experience with technology in the healthcare industry including HL7 messaging, DICOM or FHIR is a plus.
- Experience with FHIR, IoT, Medical Imaging
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.