|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Business Applicaiton Group is a rapidly growing organization that is responsible for the Microsoft Dynamics 365 suite of products, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, AI Builder, Power BI and more. Microsoft is considered one of the leaders in Software as a Service in the world of business applications, and this organization is at the heart of how business applications are desinged and delivered.
The Low Code Application Platform (LCAP) team drives that underlying platform that enables the creation of Dynamics 365 applications, Powerapps, and Flows for domains such as Sales, Marketing, Service, Operations, Finance, and Talent. We are building the capabilities needed for the next generation of business productivity software in a mobile and cloud first world. We also enable rich customization on top of our platform, allowing end users, developers, and ISVs to build completely new solutions or applications to meet the needs of any business. This is an exciting time to join our group and work on something highly strategic to Microsoft!
The Developer and Admin Experiences team consists of a motivated, innovative, and diverse set of customer-focused engineers and engineering leaders. We are looking to build the next generation of experiences, services, and platform capabilities for IT and business admins, Pro Developers, and ISVs across the globe. We have optimized our engineering for the cloud with a fast cadence of releases, delivering innovation at an exciting pace. Our team works in an agile environment where each team member will have opportunities to think outside of the box and contribute & collaborate towards the mission of the team. As part of this team, you will get exciting opportunities to work on cutting-edge technologies across a variety of platforms, help build the next generation of Business Apps, and revolutionize the way business operate.
What is this position?
We are looking for an engineer who thrives on a challenge, never stop being curious and open-minded. You will have the opportunity to work on various technology stacks; we're happy to work with you to continue improving the services stack, by leveraging these current technologies to build a more agile and clean solution. Given that we are a growing team, there is a lot of opportunity to make a huge impact and grow rapidly with a quick expanding organization.
What does it take?
Our team culture is execution focused, collaborative, and passionate. We are looking for great, creative Developers that can think outside the box. We are looking for experience and passion for incubating new v1 ideas with an eye towards shipping. Familiarity and excitement for building scalable and fault-tolerant services at a truly internet scale is key to our vision. Some of the additional qualities we are looking for include:
- Technical mastery: This role requires someone who can quickly step into a highly technical area, help design the developer experience, and an API Layer that makes it seamless and simple for users.
- Ability to lead change and drive your own initiatives: We are a startup environment and, by definition, small and agile, so the ability to lead change and deal with ambiguity is a must. We are looking for highly motivated engineers who are interested in taking ownership of their area and running it end-to-end.
- Execution efficiency: For any task, there is usually a way to do it much faster. As a startup, we need to scale out massively and quickly.
- Cross-team skills: Our team works with a lot of partners, both internal and external, in the course of a week. You will need to work closely with partner teams (both internal and external partners) to figure out solutions to current issues as well as drive planning together for future product releases.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer working on industrial strength softwar and a proven track record of having shipped successful software products and services
- Experience designing systems and processes for enterprise-scale services, driving cost and operational efficiency, continuous integration and monitoring
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Experience with DevOps models
- Ability to develop patterns and practices for reading, writing, configuring code, and designing end-to-end service telemetry, alerting and self-healing capabilities
- Deep familiarity with Azure Dev Ops and Agile methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with software development tools such as source control systems (GIT), automated build systems, compilers, software validation systems, test harnesses, software engineering work item and lifecycle management systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering Information Systems, or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.