|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be one who designs, develops and maintains user interfaces that reach millions of portal.azure.com users every day across the world? Azure Active Directory Management UX team is entrusted to provide robust administrative UX capabilities for core scenarios such as user, group, licensing, directory, domain management etc. as well as owning complex scalable service supporting many other such management experiences. All of these on top of a deep stack of interconnected Microsoft cloud services within AAD and beyond.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated developer who enjoys team work, is a great communicator across various disciplines (engineering, program management, support) and has a passion for state of the art performant, usable and outright beautiful UI. While the primary focus is web-based UI, coming to this position carries the expectations of ability to work deeper into the service stack and at each level design and implement solutions that ensure highest availability, performance and security, following service oriented architecture patterns and best practices. Given the challenges ahead, the payback of defining and solving problems in this space will be visibility and recognition as a technical leader and expert within the larger organization. Key technology expertise include open source and industry-standard HTML/Jscript based web technologies (Typescript, Knockout, React etc.), and of course deep understanding of designing, developing and debugging managed code (C#). In addition, experience of any of the following will be extremely beneficial too: Azure, Azure Active Directory, MS Graph APIs, etc. Beyond technology, the ideal candidate has worked and shipped in different organizational and product development models, using agile methodologies, and wants to apply the best practices in engineering and organization by setting a personal example of excellence. This is the opportunity to make a difference, bring in your own experience and insights, and work with a relatively small but diverse, dedicated and passionate team of professionals to deliver great software for the cloud – all while having a fun time doing it!
- Features: plan, design, develop and deliver multiple end-user facing features as primary developer and technical leader across release cycles, various layers of the service stack and in wide cross-org collaboration
- Engineering system: increase code quality and velocity by bringing in industry standards tools and best practices, esp. related to end to end automation of every aspect of the engineering system
- Fundamentals: champion and set example in security, supportability, usability, performance, accessibility of the product
- Livesite: maintain and improve all service SLA levels, act as on-call engineer (approx. 1 week every 2 months)
- Mentor junior developers, act as technical leader across the org in various initiatives
- Engineering experience (5+ years) of designing, coding and troubleshooting cloud-based software
- Solid hands-on skills in various languages, but especially web-based technologies (jscript, typescript, react etc.) and C#
- Data driven approach in analyzing and solving problems, using query languages and tools (e.g. Kusto)
- A great team player with excellent collaboration and communication skills across disciplines, levels and product teams
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills fast
- Self-starting attitude, excited to make things happen in new and ambiguous situations
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.