|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in ITSM technologies and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding end-user base. In this role, you will focus on both the platform’s functional and technical aspects, working closely with IT leadership. From an operational standpoint, the successful candidate will advise on best practices and provide an expert understanding of ServiceNow’s functionality to the ServiceNow Ecosystem surrounding Okta and its end users. Technical aspects of the role include high-level API integrations with key technologies and demonstrate expert-level CMDB proficiencies.
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) acts as the liaison between IT and business functions, to help build solutions that facilitate ServiceNow to operate more effectively and efficiently. The candidate will engage with various functional leaders, executive stakeholders to understand business strategies, initiatives, and processes to drive the identification, implementation, and modification of the platform complying with company standards and architectural methodologies.
As the ServiceNow Business Systems Analyst, you get to embark on a journey with IT Engineering to create and define how we deliver our customers and partners’ experiences. This role is end-user facing that requires strong communication skills and the ability to build trusting relationships. This role requires strong collaboration to work cross-functionally with the business, Workplace UC team, Program Management Office, and various IT organizations.
What you get to do in this role:
- Own the ServiceNow platform end to end
- Create and drive the strategy for the entire ITSM/HRSD tools landscape at Okta
- Establish all policies & standards for development and integration for the ServiceNow platform
- Possess a thorough overall knowledge of the ServiceNow EcoSystem
- Be an effective BSA, yet also operate with an ITIL mindset, developing run books and providing ITSM/HRSM support.
- Provide escalation, troubleshooting guidance, and direction in resolving escalated issues and complex production, application, or system problems.
- Be driven to advance your knowledge of best practices and solutions.
- Develop automation, processes, and procedures to ensure environments maintain the highest levels of availability, security, and quality
- Support and improve current solutions that solve business challenges and improve processes
- Identify opportunities to innovate, scale, extend, automate, and enhance service delivery everywhere possible.
- Contribute and participate in reviews for architecture, design, and code.
- Work on advanced business systems projects and is responsible for the complex analysis and requirements definition for applications and integrations that automate the platform.
- Has a thorough understanding of the business functions for which applications are used, works with Business and IT cross-function teams to identify and resolve business systems problems, and consults with various users to determine potential improvements
- Perform hands-on solution design, prototyping, proofs-of-concept, process design, and development tasks required to support current and new projects.
- Facilitate requirements gathering and process mapping workshops.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years of functional expertise in ITSM experience.
- 5+ years of ServiceNow development.
- Expert-level understanding of ServiceNow ITSM and HRSD with a concentration on;
- ServiceNow development for CMDB Discovery
- Incident, Problem, Change – including Service Catalog requests via Portal.
- Event, Operational Intelligence, Service Mapping, Discovery, Cloud management, and Orchestration
- HR Service Catalogs, workflows, processes
- Architect, develop, and implement core processes including Incident, Event, Change, Request, Config Management collaborating with Process Owners, Business Partners, and Stakeholders.
- Experience in design and integrations using OOTB connectors.
- Lead cross-functional teams for company-wide strategic initiatives
- Practical experience with ServiceNow application development (Service Catalog, Server and Client-Side Rules, Client Scripts, UI Actions, UI Pages, etc.)
- Experience in hands-on design, prototyping, development, configurations, testing, and other implementation activities
- Experience using IT Project Management principles and techniques, including Agile/Scrum.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications
- Experience in preparing end-user documentation and conducting end-user workshops and training.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree or education work experience equivalent. An advanced degree would be a plus.
- Minimally, ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA) additional ServiceNow certs are a plus.
- Practical experience implementing HRSD, SecOps, and GRC modules would be a plus
- ITIL working knowledge (ITIL v3+ certifications are ideal.)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer