|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Position Description: Okta’s rapid growth and product innovation have contributed to our leadership position in the market for identity and access management. Today we sell our broad portfolio of solutions to the largest companies in the world, and to optimize for this market we need product marketers who can go beyond point products to identifying overall customer problems and how Okta solves those problems across our product lines.
This solutions product marketing role is highly strategic and cross-functional, focusing on messaging and go-to-market initiatives for the world’s largest organizations, while enabling the field, solving for new pricing scenarios, collaborating with business development on partnerships and partnering with corporate marketing to target the right buyers and influencers.
This role focuses on selling to the buyers of our Customer Identity solutions, a high growth area of the business helping organizations accelerate their digital transformation initiatives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand the buyer personas of this go-to-market motion, empathizing with the business challenges facing the CTO, Product and Engineer Managers, while testing our value proposition to emerging personas.
- Develop and implement solution messaging and positioning for Okta’s customer identity suite of products that align to those business challenges. Champion solution positioning, strategic technology and channel partner engagement, validate market messaging, and evangelize Okta solutions offerings both internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the customer identity and access management market space, products and service offerings, including overall value proposition, features, functionality, competitive landscape and the verticals and use cases where they are relevant.
- Work alongside the extended product marketing team to understand the identity challenges of the world’s largest organizations, and how all of Okta products come together to solve those problems.
- Deliver key messages that enable our go-to-market teams to execute relevant strategic campaigns and programs.
- Drive campaign and content strategy for Customer Identity initiatives that result in pipeline for the sales organization.
- Provide “in deal” support to sales team to help solve customer problems with the broader Okta solutions set.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of product marketing, product management, evangelism or other relevant experience. Experience working for developer-focused businesses is a plus.
- Proven track record of marketing to a highly technical audience within large organizations. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable working with and marketing to technical buyers within enterprises. Experience marketing to the CTO organization is a plus.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills.
- Passion for measurement, metrics and continuous improvement across the organization.
- Ability to drive complex, cross-functional projects without a proven playbook.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer