|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you like to spend your days meaningfully impacting society?
Cybercrime is estimated to cost society $6T annually with the majority of cybercrime exploiting the human. Of the 100 most significant security incidents which occurred during 2019, humans were tricked in 71% of those through forms of phishing. The human layer remains the weakest link in cyber defense without effective protections.
Are you an exceptional engineer with adeep understanding of the Windows operating system?Is your copy of Windows Internals front and center on your bookshelf? Do you thrive on developing architectural solutions from the ground up, focusing on fundamentals such as performance, reliability, and extensibility?
Become a founding member of the new Microsoft Web Protection team, chartered with innovating new technologies to protect customers from phishing, social engineering, credential theft, credit card scams, and the emerging threats plaguing society. Microsoft is uniquely at the center of this challenge, and we have the responsibility to protect the world!
We’re looking for a highly driven and motivated software engineer to work on building new sensors, detections, and protections into Windows. You will be a part of a team that will provide the foundation for protecting customers across all products (Windows, Edge, Office, etc.), while supporting the rapidly growing $7B Microsoft Threat Protection security business.
This position provides the potential for tremendous personal and career growth across many dimensions. You’ll have the opportunity to work across divisional boundaries and develop a broad understanding of Microsoft’s business while making a meaningful impact on society.
- Partner with multiple teams across Windows, architecting and implementing solutions deeply integrated into OS stack
- Architecture, design, code reviews, and development
- Foster a healthy and inclusive team environment
- 5+ years software development experience working in the Windows OS (and/or similar systems programming experience) using C/C++
- Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field
- Deep understanding of one or more of the following areas: kernel executive, input management, user login and authentication
- Experience with multi-threaded / parallel programming
- Experience working on software projects spanning across multiple teams / technology areas
- Proven track record architecting and developing robust and extensible solutions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation-only Virtual Interview Day in September 2020.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.