|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Manager – North America Strategic Sourcing Develops and implements multi-year strategy for the $40MM per year North America TE Sensors (TESS) spend across 7 sites.
- Takes complete ownership and personal responsibility for supplier performance
- Build and lead a team of 7 North America based sourcing and new product development professionals
- Strategically manage all assigned commodities, suppliers and parts/services to achieve established goals in supplier quality, delivery, price, service and compliance.
- Aligns strategy and execution with cross-functional partners such as engineering, manufacturing, product management and functional owners/directors.
- Achieve goals for productivity by driving negotiations, leading cross site RFQ packages, strategic low-cost sourcing and migrations and value add/value engineering initiatives.
- Leads the North America Sourcing Council which is comprised of plant purchasing managers.
- Executes the competitive bid, negotiation, contracting processes and/or technical continuous improvement for assigned commodities or services; collaborates cross-BU and cross-region for optimal TE leverage.
- Demonstrates a high level of expertise in procurement competencies (business/supply chain acumen, negotiation, sourcing strategy development and execution, global savvy, and project and product lifecycle management).
- Drives TEOA Star Level attainment for area of responsibility.
- Assures results are delivered compliant with TE policies and procedures.
- The position will report directly to the Director of Global Supply Chain.
- Prefer the candidate is located at a TESS North America site or technical office.
- Travel will equal 25 to 30% of total time.
- 5 or more years of Strategic Sourcing, Purchasing or Supply Chain Management experience
- Position based in North America (USA or Mexico).
- TE Connectivity Sensor Solutions manufacturing or office location is preferred but not necessarily required - (Hampton, VA; Andover, MN; Fremont, CA; Hermosillo, MX; Harrisburg, PA; Philadelphia, PA)
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.