|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Office of the CEO is looking to fill a key role in its communications group. The purpose of our team is to enable Microsoft to achieve its mission by maximizing the scale, impact, and voice of the CEO, and this role will help augment and innovate the team's storytelling and communications capabilities in ways that are strategic, creative and aligned to the voice of the company.
Foundational to success in this role is a deep connection to our employee base and a passion to innovate our external and internal communications practices in a rapidly changing environment. Telling our story and communicating with our customers, partners, and other external audiences calls for a creative edge and desire for excellence in world-class storytelling. We are looking for someone who can bring imaginative thinking as well as insight into external communicators, trends and styles in order to learn best practices on executive communications. We are inviting creativity and looking to give people a chance to bring their best ideas to work. This role is deeply collaborative. It requires close partnerships and orchestrating work across the broader Office of the CEO team, the CEO and senior leaders in the company, key stakeholders in Communications and Marketing, and with Microsoft subsidiary teams around the world.
- Provide editorial input and programming for CEO communications content for internal and external audiences, including employee townhalls, ERGs and other internal employee communities, commercial and public sector customers, and investors. This includes editorial content and programming and production end-to-end on various projects.
- Own the video production process for all internal and external CEO shoots
- Creation of CEO briefing documents
- Partner with video production teams on all virtual engagements and video shoots
- Develop and execute on editorial agendas for monthly employee townhalls and other internal employee events such as virtual field tours and Hackathon engagements
- Review and evaluate CEO communications requests and engagement opportunities to determine appropriate format, content and manage deliverable end to end with key stakeholders and project teams.
- Track data and measure the outcomes of each engagement to evaluate impact, learn and make informed decisions
- Support the CEO Communications team by partnering with marketing, PR leaders and executive communications leads across the company on key strategic business communications.
While fulfilling these responsibilities, the individual in this role is expected to:
- Demonstrate initiative to frame focus and priorities as needed
- Demonstrate ability to work through biases and preconceived notions
- Pursue breakthrough thinking by assessing established and emerging thought leadership
- Be a part of the vibrant, passionate community of communications professionals in the company
- Contribute to the relationships with external communities and influencers
- Help foster a culture of growth mindset, innovation and collaboration in solving Microsoft's and industry biggest transformation challenges.
This is the role for a communications professional with deep domain expertise demonstrated in practice and with proven track record of driving communications results that are aligned to business priorities. We are looking for someone who is passionate for Microsoft's purpose and culture, is known as a great collaborator and thrives in the team that believes in "better together". This is the role for someone who is grounded in a Growth Mindset, is open to new ideas and perspectives, has a passion for learning and is a champion of diversity and inclusion.
More specific qualifications and attributes are:
- 6+ years in marketing or communications with a strong marcomm operation and production experience
- BA/BS in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Business or related field OR equivalent
- High capacity for multitasking and project management skills, able to manage multiple, high-stakes projects and deliverables simultaneously across workgroups and stakeholder
- Self-directed with great initiative and sense of ownership
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize the complex-able to take multiple, complicated, disparate inputs from a variety of materials, evidence, and long form messaging and transform it into simple, clear, succinct, elegant, and compelling communication work products like talking points, Q&A, social content, and similar
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.