|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Office of the CEO is looking to fill a key role in its communications group. The purpose of our team is to enable Microsoft to achieve its mission by maximizing the scale, impact, and voice of the CEO, and this role will help augment the team's storytelling and communications capabilities in ways that are strategic, impactful and aligned to the voice of the company.
The purpose of this role is to help in the writing and creation of CEO communications. The scope of this role includes the responsibilities for creative storytelling and content development across speeches, videos, conversational forums between business leaders, written communications, and social media channels.
Foundational to success in this role is deep passion for customers and how cutting-edge technology can transform the way billions or people and organizations work and live every day, helping them achieve more. Telling our story and communicating with our customers, partners, and other external audiences calls for imaginative thinking, curiosity, learning from others and desire for excellence in world-class storytelling. This role is deeply collaborative. It requires close partnerships and orchestrating work across the broader Office of the CEO team, the CEO and senior leaders in the company, key stakeholders in Communications and Marketing, and with Microsoft subsidiary teams around the world.
- Develop CEO communications content for key audiences, including commercial and public sector customers, professionals, business decision makers, developers, and investors. This includes editorial content and programming and production end-to-end.
- Draft CEO Communications materials spanning scripts, talking points and soundbites for videos, speeches and quotes
- Use the latest technologies and production innovations to build effective storytelling content in partnership with key stakeholders
- Utilize data to glean new insights, measure and evaluate the impact of communications engagements and make informed decisions
- Creation of CEO briefing documents
- Support and/or supervise setup and operation of production logistics
- Research speech subject matter and find the most powerful stories. Synthesize talking points and messaging from other teams across the company. Translate these inputs into CEO-level talking points
- Review and evaluate CEO communications requests and engagement opportunities to determine appropriate format, content and manage deliverable end to end with key stakeholders and project teams. Develop proposal on key events/engagements tailored to the audiences
- Partner with marketing and PR leaders across the company on key strategic business communications
- Research and track the latest communications trends, styles, platforms and channels to help us evolve our communications approach and engagements
While fulfilling these responsibilities, the individual in this role is expected to:
- Demonstrate initiative to frame focus and priorities as needed
- Demonstrate ability to work through biases and preconceived notions
- Pursue breakthrough thinking by assessing established and emerging thought leadership
- Be a part of the vibrant, passionate community of communications professionals in the company
- Contribute to the relationships with external communities and influencers
- Help foster a culture of growth mindset, innovation and collaboration in solving Microsoft's and industry biggest transformation challenges.
This is the role for a communications professional with deep domain expertise demonstrated in practice and with proven track record of driving communications results that are aligned to business priorities (even if in earlier stages of career growth). We are looking for someone who is passionate for Microsoft's purpose and culture, is known as a great collaborator and thrives in the team that believes in "better together". This is the role for someone who is grounded in a Growth Mindset, is open to new ideas and perspectives, has a passion for learning and is a champion of diversity and inclusion.
More specific qualifications and attributes are:
- 6+ years in marketing or communications, with strong speechwriting/PR content development experience and passion for storytelling. The background in commercial and/or public sector is a plus.
- BA/BS in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field (or equivalent)
- Exceptional written communications skills. Proven strong presentation, speech writing, and PR content development experience. Written samples of work will be required during the interview process.
- High capacity for multitasking and project management skills, able to manage multiple, high-stakes projects and deliverables simultaneously across workgroups and stakeholders
- Self-directed with great initiative and sense of ownership
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize the complex - able to take multiple, complicated, disparate inputs from a variety of materials, evidence, and long form messaging and transform it into simple, clear, succinct, elegant, and compelling communication work products like talking points, Q&A, social content, and similar
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.